Join now - be part of our community!

Lost 3G

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
terry4906
Visitor

Lost 3G

Hi all, since upgrading my Sony tablet S to Android Version 4.0.3  I have lost my 3G capability, is there any way to get it back or do I take it to Sony and get it downgraded.

Thanks

Terry

Message was edited by: terry4906

18 REPLIES 18
profile.country.es_ES.title
RaulFM
Visitor

I received this morning the update warning. I had no time to run it but I let you now asap if it works when I have it.

Adamm7
Visitor

Has anyone else had the update warning? Nothing is showing up on my tablet...

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi,

As far as I am aware the 3G update has been released for Spain & Italy, hence why RaulFM has had the notification appear..

The fix for the other countries affected is still in progress..

Adamm7
Visitor

that makes sense

is there a thread on the android bug list or something that we can track?

phaz4331
Visitor

Hi All

Based in the UK and had an update pop up this morning (Tue 26/6), have ran the update and taken my Tablet P out this afternoon. Pleased to report the update has fixed the problem and now have a full 3G service using an o2 sim.

The limited use I have had this afternoon appears to suggest that the 3G reception is much improved and now matches my phone - something it did not do prior to the ICS update. May just be coincidental though, only time will tell.

Annoyed ICS was issued with such a major bug but, now it is fully working, it makes the Tablet P much more user friendly than it was so, on balance, fairly pleased and must admit good direct comms from Sony in reply to my e mails - much better than expected.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Excellent glad the fix has solved your Tablet P 3G problems & thanks for updating the thread..:smileyhappy:

Anyone want to post some feedback on wether the Tablet S 3G problems have been solved.?

Adamm7
Visitor

Hi

I can confirm that after the update was installed and I reset the APN details back to default, 3g is now working again.

Thanks!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thanks Adamm7..

oursteve
Visitor

Hi everyone , I have updated , works great