Join now - be part of our community!

HELP!! Vaio FZ21Z

adrlock
Explorer

HELP!! Vaio FZ21Z

Hi, I've had a problem with my FZ21Z. I won't go into detail but the bottom line is I need to do a full system restore. This should have been easy - I created the three DVD recovery disk. But guess what - can't read the second of three discs! What I am after is, preferably, for some kind person :heart_eyes: to send me a copy of recovery disc 2 for the FZ21Z (I'll cover costs etc) or send me a copy of 0000015571.app which is the corrupt file located on the second disc.

Sony 'can't' help but have offered to sell me a copy of the offical discs - but do not have a due date! As soon as I said I hadn't used Sony DVDs for backup they weren't interested :devil: - be warned!!

Help in desparate!!!!

Adrian

PS Can't do a recovery from the recovery partition either - that became corrupt after the full system restore was attempted :slight_frown:

23 REPLIES 23
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Adrian,

welcome to Club Vaio.. :slight_smile:

Try the following..

Start your Vaio and when you see the Vaio logo press F10 repeatedly, this normally should start the recovery process..

adrlock
Explorer

Thanks but unfortuantly the recovery partition is corrupt and won't allow me to do a recovery from it - went through this will Sony support - failed for them as well. They said all I can do is either locate a good copy of the recovery discs or wait until the official ones are available - they only have the French ones at the moment with no lead time for the English version.

adrlock
Explorer

Please! Please! Please! Can anyone help me? :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Adrian,

As the you've been told by Vaio-Link that the disc's are not available yet there is not much more I can do to help.. :slight_frown:

However I will contact Sony but unfortunately I can't promise anything.. :slight_frown:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi AdrianLock,

Sony has informed me that they are looking into your case and hopefully someone should contact you on Monday with an update.. :wink:

Will Sony be able to contact you on Monday using the details in your Vaio registration , if not you can, if you wish, send alternative contact details to me in a Private message and I'll pass them onto Sony for you. :slight_smile:

adrlock
Explorer

Thanks Thalamus for all your help - I will wait for them to make contact on Monday - they have my correct details. I was just hoping that someone with a FZ21Z could have created a set of disks for me (or just dusk 2) as the only ones currently available from Sony are in French and there is currently no due date for the English ones :cry:

Thanks again

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Just a long shot here but where did you purchase your Vaio, if it was local, have you tried asking them if you can burn an image using there display model.. :thinking:

adrlock
Explorer

Hi Thalamus, Got it from Laptopsdirect.co.uk - I did ask them for help but have had now reply.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Ah pity.. :slight_frown:

Hopefully Sony will have favourable news on Monday.. :four_leaf_clover: