Join now - be part of our community!

BDP S3700 problems with iPlayer

miketrevett
Explorer

BDP S3700 problems with iPlayer

Just bought S3700 baed on the fact that on the box is clearly states that iPlayer is available. However on connecting to the internet (very easy) and on choosing the iPlayer icon I get the message that 'iPlayer is not available for this device' the same applies to BBC News. Anyone able to help with this?

23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

A be-lated update...  A new FW was released on the 12 July 2016, which should fix the iPlayer issue.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-tvhc/sony-bdps1700-3700-firmware-upd-vM30R0306...

Cheers

Timothy_01
Explorer

Hi,
I loaded the latest firmware by usb but my issue of the player not connecting to the Internet still exists, using either wired or wireless connection. However, my latest test of connecting the Sony device at my neighbours house using a different ISP (BT router) and it shows that the Sony player is ok, all smart apps working fine there, so the problem is only happening when connecting to my home router and ISP TalkTalk where it won't connect ....but TalkTalk say nothing is being blocked ...... Needs further investigation but not sure TalkTalk can do anymore.
FrustratedPeter
Explorer

Hi - I'm lucky in that the update worked for me - guess as you suggest you must have addittional problems - appreciate your frustration!

miketrevett
Explorer

Thanks for all the efforts to post the solution, it works with BBC IPlayer now available.
Timothy_01
Explorer

Hi,

having had more time to investigate I looked into users of older Sony bluray players who had similar issues as mine, and it points to using a different DNS address, and not the one assigned by the TalkTalk router. So, I manually used a different DNS found elsewhere in this community and then all apps worked without problem. 😀

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Timothy_01

Thank you for posting back the solution to your problem.  Im sure it may help others too :slight_smile:

Cheers

Luluamalfi
Explorer

Hi, my problems with the apps was all sorted last week after I noticed a new update that had appeared since I last looked. There are a few changes and additions too and all the Apps are back and working fine now. So my problem is sorted.
Timothy_01
Explorer

Hi,
It's good that these problems are being solved, thanks to the community we can share and fix common problems. I too had tried the latest update from last week but it did not fix my issue, so it's great that yours was. Mine was a different issue but solved with detail found in a post from a few years ago for an older player, but the same fix sorted mine.
Cheers,
starrflowerr
Explorer

Any update on this..I have exactly the same issue and am using my work mobile as an occasional personal hotspot. It's the only way I can get to use the S3700. Rather useless. Have tried every single thing that Sony suggested.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @starrflowerr

The original problem was confirmed fixed with the release of this firmware update:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-tvhc/sony-bdps1700-3700-firmware-upd-vM30R0306...

Can you confirm you have it installed.  Also, please try factory resetting the BDP-S3700 bluray player.

If your bluray player properly connected to your home network?  Do other apps work?

If that fails, please reply back with more details - exactly what you are trying to do, and what is actually happening.  The more relevent details you provide, may offer clues on why you are having issues.

Cheers