Join now - be part of our community!

BDP S3700 problems with iPlayer

miketrevett
Explorer

BDP S3700 problems with iPlayer

Just bought S3700 baed on the fact that on the box is clearly states that iPlayer is available. However on connecting to the internet (very easy) and on choosing the iPlayer icon I get the message that 'iPlayer is not available for this device' the same applies to BBC News. Anyone able to help with this?

23 REPLIES 23
Timothy_01
Explorer

Hi,

I looked on the Sony community site and sure enough there were others with the same problem but on an older Sony smart model...to fix it they manually configured a different DNS address in the Sony device, try using 62.24.134.5 for the primary , and use DNS 8.8.8.8 for the secondary, but the new primary address worked for me. For some reason the Sony smart DVD did not like the default DNS address given by my talktalk router. Also update the Sony firmware via your mobile access point too, or after if the above works. 

Cheers

Tim

starrflowerr
Explorer

Thanks. I have installed this software using my mobile phone. 

If I try either a wired or wireless connection to my talk talk router then the connection is made but the Internet connection fails. There are several update network options and I'm not sure how to go about this. I spent ages changing the iv4 settings and that didn't work..

I wished I was more tech headed! 

Tam 

Timothy_01
Explorer

Hi,

If you managed to change IPV4 addresses

then from the same menu select

'specify IP address' then manually enter

Ip address 192.168.1.125

subnet mask 255.255.255.0

default gateway 192.168.1.1

primary DNS 62.24.134.5 (taken from DNS of my talktalk router)

secondary DNS 8.8.8.8

Then select save and connect, hopefully you will now see Internet Access=OK

FrustratedPeter
Explorer

Hi - thanks for getting back to me. I confirm that when I did the update the problem got sorted. Peter