Join now - be part of our community!

BDP S3700 problems with iPlayer

miketrevett
Explorer

BDP S3700 problems with iPlayer

Just bought S3700 baed on the fact that on the box is clearly states that iPlayer is available. However on connecting to the internet (very easy) and on choosing the iPlayer icon I get the message that 'iPlayer is not available for this device' the same applies to BBC News. Anyone able to help with this?

23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Just to confirm, do other apps work ok?   can you also check if there are any updates for this bluray player and install them.  It just might be a BBC issue to be honest, as ive seen other have used iplayer on this model before (according to Amazon reviews)

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sony has conducted some testing and can confirm that there is a problem with BBC apps on 2016 Bluray players.  This has also been reported to BBC for them to investigate and resolve.

Any info recieved, will be posted back here.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@miketrevett

Do you live in the UK? BBC iPlayer might not be available in all regions.

I'll test my BDP-S7200 later this evening and see if I'm experiencing the same issues.

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
profile.country.GB.title
Baseliner1

I bought the exact same model a couple of months ago.  iplayer worked fine initially and then one day an error message appeared saying iplayer not supported on this device and it hasn't worked since. Any news would be great please otherwise I'll have to send it back.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Baseliner1

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

At the moment this is in BBC's hands to fix.  Currently Sony does not have an ETA, but they expect this issue to be resolved next week.

Cheers

Luluamalfi
Explorer

Thanks Quinnicus, 

great to see the answer to my problem here and am relieved it is being looked in to. Only purchased the DVD Player in May and it worked perfectly until a couple of weeks ago.

thanks again for the info, your much more helpful than Sony Support were.

FrustratedPeter
Explorer

Hi. I have the same problem with my BDP-S3700 and BBC Iplayer. Since nothing seemed to be happening, I E-Mailed Sony Customer Support.  All I got was a reply which said that “in regards to your enquiry, please note that the issue is currently being investigated by the BBC. We will provide more information as the situation develops”.

Not really much help - almost seems like Sony don't care - you'd have thought they'd be jumping up and down at bad publicity for Sony products - Always been a Sony fan, but, as I say, almost seems they don't care

Timothy_01
Explorer

I have a similar problem with my new BDP S3700, from new it would not connect to the Internet on my home router whether I used wireless or wired connection, though the connection to the router is always good and the device can download jpeg's from a local hard drive on the same network, but it won't connect to the Internet on my home router so none of the apps work. I tried all manner or methods, manually adding IP addresses, updating the firmware to the latest version via USB stick, called Sony for help and also my ISP provider but it won't connect to the Internet even though all my other wireless and wired devices can access the Internet including my sons PS3. Then I tried connecting the Sony device to my iPhone wireless access point over 4G and 'hey presto' suddenly access the Internet and all apps worked ok including BBC iPlayer, Utube, Amazon, etc. So still not sure if it's a problem with my ISP router somehow blocking, though my ISP say it's not the router or its firewall,  or if the Sony device has some other issue connecting to the internet via landline. I'll next try connecting the Sony player to my neighbours Internet and see if that works.