Join now - be part of our community!

Flash Cannot Charge error E:91:01

SOLVED
profile.country.fr_CH.title
Roberto_01
Visitor

Flash Cannot Charge error E:91:01

I bought this sony in February 2012 for my brother.

He took it for a holiday travel in Australia and after a few days the flash error happened (flash not charging)

I send it back for warranty servicing and I got a denie because they found sand when they open it.

I dont understand how sand can go so easily in the camera inside and influence the charge mechanismus.

It could be by the flash aperture when it is out of the camera.

I am disappointed. The proposed price for the repair was higher as the price for a new camera and I had to pay about 110 USD (109 CHF) to get it unrepaired back...

The camera is working perfectly well for pictures or videos but without flash...

Does anybody know it there is a fix to activate the flash charging again ?

I have the impression that the flash is a weak point of this camera.

Thank You for Your feedback,

Regards,

Robert

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Roberto_01 - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

It is worth bearing in mind that, depending upon your exact location, there may be an independent photography store that can offer their own repair service for certain faults. If you are able to make some enquiries, this could prove to be more cost effective than using a Sony repair centre.

For this particular error code, this would indicate a hardware fault and as such, to try and rectify it yourself wouldn't be something that I would recommend for safety reasons :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Roberto_01 - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

It is worth bearing in mind that, depending upon your exact location, there may be an independent photography store that can offer their own repair service for certain faults. If you are able to make some enquiries, this could prove to be more cost effective than using a Sony repair centre.

For this particular error code, this would indicate a hardware fault and as such, to try and rectify it yourself wouldn't be something that I would recommend for safety reasons :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Simon