Join now - be part of our community!

Wondering how to get videos off DSC-HX9V to iPhoto

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
jral21
Visitor

Wondering how to get videos off DSC-HX9V to iPhoto

Anybody have any ideas?

The only route I have discovered so far has been to import video clips into imovie and then import the saved files into iphoto.  Anybody come across a simpler or more direct method?

Message was edited by: jral21

Message was edited by: jral21

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gazz1e
Visitor

I've recently acquired an Eye-fi card. While the card isn't perfect, it wirelessly (via a router or without router) transfers photos directly to iPhoto and videos are transfered to a folder.

For video, I couldn't decide if I should ditch AVCHD (good for bluray) for MP4 (lower quality, but good for Macs). As I've been using AVCHD for several years, I decided to stick with AVCHD, and use Handbrake to encode the AVCHD clips to MP4. The conversion process usually runs at 30-50fps on my MacBook Air. I use http://www.osomac.com/apps/osx/handbrake-batch/ to encode lots of clips at a time.

Once in MP4, I can either import into iPhoto, or iMovie if I wish to make a film then upload to YouTube and iTunes for my iPad.

When my Eye-Fi card gets full (it's a 8GB one), I stick it in my PC and archive the photo & video contents.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello jral21 - welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Although I am not a Mac user myself, I do hear about various issues when trying to connect camcorders to a Mac computer and unless iPhoto offers a specific 'import' facility that functions correctly with your HX9V - the method that you have described may well be the best (and only) option.

Having said that, if someone else sees this thread with a little more Mac experience, they may have another suggestion for you.

Thanks,

Simon

profile.country.no_NO.title
MacProUser
Visitor

I also have a Mac and would really like to find a better solution too. It should have been possible to set the camera to save in another format than dts.

gazz1e
Visitor

I've recently acquired an Eye-fi card. While the card isn't perfect, it wirelessly (via a router or without router) transfers photos directly to iPhoto and videos are transfered to a folder.

For video, I couldn't decide if I should ditch AVCHD (good for bluray) for MP4 (lower quality, but good for Macs). As I've been using AVCHD for several years, I decided to stick with AVCHD, and use Handbrake to encode the AVCHD clips to MP4. The conversion process usually runs at 30-50fps on my MacBook Air. I use http://www.osomac.com/apps/osx/handbrake-batch/ to encode lots of clips at a time.

Once in MP4, I can either import into iPhoto, or iMovie if I wish to make a film then upload to YouTube and iTunes for my iPad.

When my Eye-Fi card gets full (it's a 8GB one), I stick it in my PC and archive the photo & video contents.