Join now - be part of our community!

Sound out of sync/distorted XH90

profile.country.GB.title
MrQwerty111

Sound out of sync/distorted XH90

Anyone have any HDMI sync problems? Have a 65” XH90 connected to a BT UHD box. All was fine.

However the last week sound (only use TV speakers) now crackles/distorts, and goes out of sync.

Switching inputs, switching TV off/on, gets it back in sync. This happens for recorded programs and live TV via the BT box.

However using the TV apps, Prime, Netflix etc everything is ok.

So tried a new HDMI lead, and different HDMI port and the same result.

So I presumed it was the BT box, however just received a new BT box and it’s the same....

So is the TV broke? Why are apps ok, only the HDMI sockets broke?

Anyone anymore help please
Thanks

107 REPLIES 107
profile.country.GB.title
Rayw53

It's great Sony are admitting it's a known problem on these sets.

But they seem to be selectively sharing this information.

I'm not sure there is a difference between a factory reset off the menu, and what people are calling a forced factory reset.

profile.country.GB.title
Tidypete

At the moment my sync is literally nearly 2 seconds out watching football focus, it's very annoying, it happens through TV speakers, optical and hdmi connected through ARC to my audio system. Switching the channel off and back its fine for 5 minutes then completely out of sync again, the same issue persists with my PS4 through optical and hdmi, yet built in Netflix is completely fine, I'm losing the will to live, very frustrating.  Sony said their engineers are working hard on a fix and would update me in a weeks time, how long do I need to put up with this. 

profile.country.IE.title
TW1234
Explorer

I wish I had seen this topic last week!

Our story is... We bought a 65 XH8196 two weeks ago, worked fine for almost two days, asked us for a software update which we did and then the sound became distorted with our sky box, out of sync badly.  I contacted the shop who arranged for the Sony engineer to call out.  Straight away we  we were told by the Engineer that a part had been ordered (without inspection, which made us think there must be a fault they were aware of). Anyway, came and fitted the part and problem not as bad after but sound not great with some hissing when people speaking, like everyone had a lisp.  Contacted the shop who agreed to replace so what did we replace to??  Only the Xh90 😕 Just got it yesterday and all worked OK, delighted with it, updated software thinking the other TV issue was a problem with just that model but no, this morning same thing! So hard to watch, the sound sync is really bad and warbles.   Really fed up now!! This is not good enough Sony!! 

profile.country.GB.title
Rayw53

I wonder if anyone from Sony look at the problems people are experiencing on here.

IMHO I think there are enough issues with the sound sync on these TV's for Sony to be putting out a general communication on their support site.

Just imagine how much time people are wasting trying to find a setting or other ways to fix the problems. I'm sure many have replaced hdmi cables, sent pvr's back etc etc when all along it's a known Sony issue. 

Sony , sort your act out, assuming you are listening. 🤪

profile.country.GB.title
GreenySCFC

Screenshot_20201017-130312_Email.jpg

This is them sending me the original link for the forced factory. in truth tho i don't know what the difference is but they first told me to do an ordinary factory and I said that I'd donte that already 3 times. At the time my original issue was the TV random switching off and back on again. It took about 2-3 weeks of emails back and forth before I got the forced factory link. It might be just down to the knowledge of the agent thats dealing with your issue to why they haven't said to u about the forced factory yet.

profile.country.GB.title
GreenySCFC

It did for me so it might do for you.

profile.country.IE.title
TW1234
Explorer

So, does the forced factory reset definitely fix the issue? 

profile.country.GB.title
MrQwerty111

When did you do this so we can gauge how long it’s been successful for please?

profile.country.GB.title
GreenySCFC

Yesterday for the crackle/popping of the speakers and the lip sync. The TV switching off and on was about a month or more since I did the forced factory reset. So since doing either I've had no issues, Like I said it worked for me, it might work for you. I was just letting you know and anyone else who's having issues what worked for me it may or may not work for you.

profile.country.IE.title
Josehickey

Have the same issue, returned mine to harvey norman and got a new TV, this has the same issue, anyone got any fixes