Join now - be part of our community!

Sound out of sync/distorted XH90

profile.country.GB.title
MrQwerty111

Sound out of sync/distorted XH90

Anyone have any HDMI sync problems? Have a 65” XH90 connected to a BT UHD box. All was fine.

However the last week sound (only use TV speakers) now crackles/distorts, and goes out of sync.

Switching inputs, switching TV off/on, gets it back in sync. This happens for recorded programs and live TV via the BT box.

However using the TV apps, Prime, Netflix etc everything is ok.

So tried a new HDMI lead, and different HDMI port and the same result.

So I presumed it was the BT box, however just received a new BT box and it’s the same....

So is the TV broke? Why are apps ok, only the HDMI sockets broke?

Anyone anymore help please
Thanks

107 REPLIES 107
profile.country.GB.title
MrQwerty111

Must be software then surely? Can believe how many have this issue now. Unless it’s a (very big) bad batch of TV’s.

Please all phone Sony support as well, shops will just swap but we need Sony to acknowledge this.
profile.country.IE.title
Josehickey

In on my second tv, and have the same issue 

profile.country.GB.title
Tidypete

I have tried a forced factory reset today, things were fine for a few hours but now lip sync is way out again, truly annoying. 

profile.country.IE.title
TW1234
Explorer

Glad I didn't bother doing the factory reset so.  Such a pity but 2nd tv in 2 weeks going back to the shop and I'm not replacing it with a Sony one. 

profile.country.GB.title
Beaveros

Guys in diferent forum found solution:

Possible fix on 10/17. So I may have accidentally found a fix. Do you guys have the tune-in radio app on the your tv? If so. Uninstall it. And reset your tv (not factory, just unplugging tv and plugging back in). This has seemed to fix the crackles for me as I have now gone a full two days without it. Let me know if this helps! Another user, Drop9Reddit, can confirm this helped fix audio issues as well.

I​ noticed tune-in kept disconnecting and reconnecting itself to cast on my tv. I tried casting with my Microsoft surface and this prevented me from casting on it. So I uninstalled tune-in. And since then, haven't had any audio crackles. It sounds stupid, but give it a try.

This would make sense on why Sony has no idea how to work around this issue.

profile.country.IE.title
Josehickey

I have tunein installed, will give that a go, thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Beaveros

Tried that and working fine. Just unnistal Tunein and unplug TV for 5 minutes. All working fine.

profile.country.IE.title
TW1234
Explorer

I uninstalled Tune in app from my TV last night, plugged out TV for 5 mins and turned back on, bizarrely enough it seems to have worked ! So far anyway, all is good with the TV with no lip syncing or crackling sound issues. 

Well worth trying for anyone who hasn't yet. 

profile.country.IE.title
Josehickey

Same here, I also uninstalled tunein last night, and so far so good, no crackling or lip since issues, 

profile.country.GB.title
Tidypete

I've just uninstalled tunein and switched my tv off at the wall, I'll let you know how I get on, if this works you're a legend! This has been doing my head in. *fingers crossed *