Join now - be part of our community!

Sound out of sync/distorted XH90

profile.country.GB.title
MrQwerty111

Sound out of sync/distorted XH90

Anyone have any HDMI sync problems? Have a 65” XH90 connected to a BT UHD box. All was fine.

However the last week sound (only use TV speakers) now crackles/distorts, and goes out of sync.

Switching inputs, switching TV off/on, gets it back in sync. This happens for recorded programs and live TV via the BT box.

However using the TV apps, Prime, Netflix etc everything is ok.

So tried a new HDMI lead, and different HDMI port and the same result.

So I presumed it was the BT box, however just received a new BT box and it’s the same....

So is the TV broke? Why are apps ok, only the HDMI sockets broke?

Anyone anymore help please
Thanks

107 REPLIES 107

Yes! I thought it was just me. These problems have only started happening in the last week or so on my XH81.

It seems to impact HDMI inputs only. Android TV apps such as Netflix and Youtube are fine, as is DVB-T/DVB-S channels.

I use a soundbar via optical, but I can recreate the issue on internal TV speakers too.

Very annoying, and very puzzling.

profile.country.GB.title
MrQwerty111

What have you done? Have you reported to Sony? The TV is unwatchable at moment via BT box and only can use the apps.

I had a hassle with BT and long time eventually getting a new box and it doesn’t even seem it’s this.

To return or get TV fixed is going to be another hassle, especially in these time.

I may factory reset TV, try another cable and all ports and then if still same it’s the TV....
profile.country.CZ.title
Pavel-V
Explorer
profile.country.GB.title
Beaveros

Anyone found solution? I got the same with my xh92 (its xh90 but diferent stands). I got problem with sound on HDMI. Tried different hdmi cables and same. I got hdmi conect enhanced already. 
I play on console (xbox) or connect laptop on HDMI after some time sound start crackling little(like robotic sound) and after this, sound start sync out, every minute more and more. I tried different hdmi on TV and its same. When I reset Tv by button on remote, its go back to normal but only for moment. Sometimes longer, Sometimes quicker when the sound start sync out. I got soundbar connected to tv by optical and its the same. On laptop i played some music (laptop -> tv) tv and its sound like old cassette tape on slow mo. And after thst sound get sync out..

Its really annoying because my tv is one month old. I can't do any uldates, on website its info the updates are stoped for this tv. 

profile.country.GB.title
Rayw53

I have had it with Sony, this xh90 is so buggy, my xh90 is going back.

Apart from the sound issue over hdmi, I have had one TV that just didn't turn on and another that had the satellite tuner broke after doing a factory reset.

profile.country.GB.title
Rayw53

Stop, do not do factory reset if you have xh90 xh92, there is an issue with the software that will disable your satellite tuner if you do a reset.

Check out the Sony support sites for info.

profile.country.GB.title
Beaveros

Yeah great..  I can't factory reset, i can't play on xbox i can't do antyhing. I bought on currys and the support try to proof me im idiot. Question's like: have You tried to restart your device etc..

I can't take refund or swap because its more than 30days since i bought.

profile.country.GB.title
Beaveros

Lol i still got a version: 6.0132 so i can do factory reset? Anyway i dont use satelite, i just want to use my console...

profile.country.GB.title
Rayw53

Before I arranged a refund from John Lewis I was onto Sony, they were suggesting a repair visit from an engineer. You should get on web chat and arrange a repair with Sony I think.

Good luck