Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Rewards and not to forget Xperia 1 users

profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

Sony Rewards and not to forget Xperia 1 users

Not a critisism, rather an idea.

Now that Sony have released the Sony Xperia II, the question that needs to remain is what about us Sony Xperia 1 users that have invested into a Sony product? I mean Sony company does not owe us any freebies just for the reason we purchased a phone from them, however they DO owe us a 4k OIS fix.  Yes I know that I have mentioned this many times before (lost count now), I mean we Xperia 1 users aren't asking for the world-we just feel that now that Sony have a new model out ,they should not abandon their previous work and that is to render a 4k OIS FIX in both normal and camera apps.

Also to FURTHER develop Cinema Pro, such possible popular gimbal support and to liaise with companies to get this integrated !

I remember (after I won TWO UK Overclocking championships) I used to work with DFI LANPARTY motherboards and we designed some of the best Overclocking motherboards on the market, EVERY FEATURE and even the BIOS (wokred with the famous Oscar WU and Jarry Chang) was designed around user feedback and NOT just the experts! Sony Xperia if it wishes to win the hearts and minds of people, then it needs to adopt a similar principle. 

I love the Xperia 1, however in many ways and judging by what the Mark II has, some of us feel that Xperia 1 is really a BETA to the Mark II. Moderators and possible Sony reps, what I/ and WE (judging by the feedback on here) we are not asking for anything crazy or being unreasonable, we just want you to fix 4K OIS. Slightly_smiling_Face

Sony can you work with us users on this please?

After all your blurb did say it had OIS, but it didnt mention that is was OIS in 1080pHDR only on the main lens.  Can we both work hard together to get this issue resolved? Remember not everyone can afford a gimbal after paying a fortune out for the phone.

So Sony reps:

Sumimessen; Osusume wa nanidesu ka?

おすすめは何ですか?

Gilgamesh the first ONE and ONLY King
10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
Sony_UK

I believe this shouldn't even have to be asked of Sony to remain committed to their customers feedback and any big fixes for their flagship product.

Customers buy into not just the product but the company as well, knowing that the product has long term support and not just what you see is what you get.

This product was released in 2019 where high standards are a minimum requirement, not 1989.

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

Further to the OP, I see that some sites/photography sites are advertising the 1 ii, with the feature of being connectable to DLSR's by using the phone as a feature/second/larger screen..

This has been doable since the 1 came out, and quite why it wasn't an advertised feature then is beyond me.

Also, the 4k 60fps is perfectly doable on the 1, as the Snapdragon 855 is mooooore than capable of it, and with the memory backed camera, decent amount of Ram, processor, and software backing, it should be doing it from last year.

profile.country.GB.title
Sony_UK

The Snapdragon 845 was capable of 4k @ 60 FPS, the 855 is capable of 4k HDR @ 60FPS.

profile.country.GB.title
Sensination
Contributor

Forget all that! They need to start from basics and make even 4k 30fps usable. Currently it's impossible to record a 4k video that doesn't freeze or loose frames which is a total embarassment...

MosesZ4
Visitor

EIS, not OIS. 

SteadyShot is the problem. 

All OIS work same way, but since XZ Premium , the electronic stabilization got bad. 

profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

I think people misunderstood the purpose and content of my post 

This is not a winge at Sony, rather it's an offer of partnership to WORK with us end users in order to get things resolved for the money we invested into the Xperia 1.

profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

Still awaiting a reply from the email i Sent to Mr Yishida (apologies if I have spelled that incorrectly)

pressefr
Contributor

Xperia 1 was announced at MWC in (February) 02-2019.

I couldn't wait for the flagship to drop, so I used the Xperia 10 Plus right after launch (March) 03-2019

• Which was not the flagship experience I wanted.
  • It was very frustrating to use a phone with no full gyroscope and specs.

Xperia 1 Pre-Ordered and received in (August) 08-2019

• I think this should have been available for sale in March along with the Xperia 10 and 10 Plus

The announcement is out for the Xperia 1 ii and Xperia Pro...

• When will the pre-order start?
  • Are we going to have to wait till August 2020?
  • I feel slightly salty, but I am also glad Sony reverted on a lot of their decisions including; side power + fingerprint, Qi charging, 3.5mm jack.
    • I'm so glad we get the 3.5mm jack back because there were moments where I really needed that jack. But it's not a 4 prong Noise Canceling jack.
profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

Actually as far as the power button and fingerprint combo, I'm afrqid the Americans are solely to blame for the separation of this , as they claimed some sort of PETTY Apple infringement.

Sony must have worked out a deal with the Yanks in order to get it back , so Sony aren't to blame for that one 

I do agree with the headphone jack as the sound quality that comes out of the usb port is scetchy at best. However I have an external DAC which doesn't use the phones internal one excep for phone calls.