Join now - be part of our community!

Android 10 - Xperia 1 - Bugs report - generic post for devs

profile.country.GB.title
jimi83
New

Android 10 - Xperia 1 - Bugs report - generic post for devs

Hello,

Noticed that the bugs and other issues are scattered on different topics. Maybe lets just list all them here below, please add more in posts, and i shall update the main list. Maybe it will be easier for devs to keep in one place?

1. Creator mode - does not work as it should - restarting may fix the issue(1 of 10). It is oversaturated, no difference from standard.

2. Quick action buttons (bottom) - may become inactive randomily, - quick fix (at least for me) - open app drawer and go back - 

3. Widgets and icons - when you will switch to the full gesture mode, the screen is somehow stretched, you apparently have more space to use, but its false - the widgets in this occasion will use 2 blocks of space(empty row under-where you can not use it) - or some will look weirdly stretched.( im aware not all apps are compatible maybe?)

4. Stamina mode - it only occured once - situation - low battery , stamina kicks in (15%) - charging - it should turn off at 90% - charged to 100%, the icon have changed that it is off now, but the feel what you can get from the performance looks like its still in stamina mode despite fully charged, and settings are telling me that stamina is off. Restarting the phone have sorted the issue.

5. Wallpapers - it came into my attention that on Android 9, when i would like to change wallpaper by the Album app everything was fine - the aspect ratio was recognising the proportions of choosen wallpaper correctly. Now under Android 10 - im not able to use Album app anymore as its forcing me to use different proportions on the selection/crop option. Current fix - using 3rd party app to use as it was. Please look into that. 

6. Main UI Home settings - maybe not directly Android 10 bug - but - i dont know why, with time on Android 9 (after factory reset, done updates etc) in UI Home settings you could spot a new selection - Type of icon - it always appeared after some period of time( eye drop type of icon, square shape icon etc - it was cool) Now under Android 10 its not there (yet?) - please clarify

7. Alarm sounds - not sure if someone have noticed this - did you know dear Sony that you have the same sounds under two different names of the sound? for example Argon is the same as Fermium, Hassium - Helium and more

8. Dark Mode - it is nice, but there is quite a lot incosistency - or make all grey like settings menu - then top drop down menu too.

I think i prefered the dark mode (icon type) from Android 9 - where app drawer was dark , settings white ,top drop menu bar dark.

9. Applications - It is highly annoying when disabled apps are coming back to "live" after I have disabled them? not sure if thats software related or Google Play is triggering this action - but i dont want gaems to be updated and downloaded what are disabled (why oh why we dont have option to unistall the games ...but i get it, Sony is getting money from that, that the games are baked into software) but at least - when disabled apps/games - keep them like that, it happened already twice.

Updates from other users:

1. The signal - is significantly worse with the new patch. Phone trying to change bands from edge to 3g then 4g and vice versa, resulting in bad signal reception. Most time remains stuck to edge(2g), in places where 4g was available before patch. 

2. Netflix Video freezes - after about 10 secs in Netflix, while audio and timer keep playing. Restarting app or clearing cache dont fix the problem,only restarting the phone does. I think this happened once in youtube too.

18 REPLIES 18
profile.country.GB.title
jimi83
New

bump - just to keep this on top. Can someone from Sony mods confirm this will be passed to devs?

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

At 9. Applications

Switch off auto update in Google Play app.

That is the cause of these apps returning at the surface.

When you want to ditch those you'd take some time to goto XDA and other sites to learn about Minimal ADB and Fastboot.

Marianleben
Visitor

Hello email client in dark mode, sometimes uses blue letters  on dark and is unreadable,  I have to use gmail for my exchange account. Can you fix that? 

Stakyr
Visitor

1. The signal is significantly worse with the new patch. Phone trying to change bands from edge to 3g then 4g and vice versa, resulting in bad signal reception. Most time remains stuck to edge(2g), in places where 4g was available before patch. 

2. Video freezes after about 10 secs in Netflix, while audio and timer keep playing. Restarting app or clearing cache dont fix the problem,only restarting the phone does. I think this happened once in youtube too. 

profile.country.GB.title
jimi83
New

@mlebensz wrote:

Hello email client in dark mode, sometimes uses blue letters  on dark and is unreadable,  I have to use gmail for my exchange account. Can you fix that? 

Hi mlebensz, im not sure now, but i think the sony email client will be discontinued?. As annouced for Xperia 5. So not sure if Sony will try to fix anything in this regards

profile.country.GB.title
jimi83
New

@Stakyr wrote:

1. The signal is significantly worse with the new patch. Phone trying to change bands from edge to 3g then 4g and vice versa, resulting in bad signal reception. Most time remains stuck to edge(2g), in places where 4g was available before patch. 

2. Video freezes after about 10 secs in Netflix, while audio and timer keep playing. Restarting app or clearing cache dont fix the problem,only restarting the phone does. I think this happened once in youtube too. 

Re 1 and 2. Did you try to do factory reset? and without installing other apps(or activating them) run just as first thing Netflix?

Will stick this in main list to look into

Stakyr
Visitor

@jimi833 wrote:

@Stakyr wrote:

Re 1 and 2. Did you try to do factory reset? and without installing other apps(or activating them) run just as first thing Netflix?

Doing a factory reset is a nighmare for me, because this is my business phone and I can't lose all the data I have in it, nor have the time to reinstall all my apps and data. Thing is that I own this mobile for 6 months and everything run smoothly till the present patch.

profile.country.GB.title
jimi83
New

@Stakyr wrote:

@jimi833 wrote:

@Stakyr wrote:

Doing a factory reset is a nighmare for me, because this is my business phone and I can't lose all the data I have in it, nor have the time to reinstall all my apps and data. Thing is that I own this mobile for 6 months and everything run smoothly till the present patch.

Hi Stakyr,

Ok I see. If its a seperated issue, and its only occuring on your phone then its highly possible that fresh instalation of Android 10 may solve the issue.

But you may want to try Safe mode - and see if you will be able to run Netflix there(not sure if its disabled in safe mode as its baked in the system) 

/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/td-p/348008

Stakyr
Visitor

@jimi833 wrote:

@Stakyr wrote:

@jimi833 wrote:

@Stakyr wrote:

Hi Stakyr,

Ok I see. If its a seperated issue, and its only occuring on your phone then its highly possible that fresh instalation of Android 10 may solve the issue.

But you may want to try Safe mode - and see if you will be able to run Netflix there(not sure if its disabled in safe mode as its baked in the system) 

/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/td-p/348008

Restarting the phone solves the issue even in normal mode. I did restart the phone in safe mode and everything was fine (Netflix plays in safe mode), but we can't come to any conclusions, since the problem is fixed every time I restart the phone either way. I ll use my phone for a period of time, in safe mode and see if it happens again. Thank you for your help.