Join now - be part of our community!

Z5 Overheats after update

Last-man
Visitor

Z5 Overheats after update

Hey Sony guy. I have a Z5 e6633 and last week after I update it to build number 253 it gets really hot during charging! I mean it is hard to touch back of the phone specially around Camera! I use a UCH10 Charger and phone is not under heavy apps, I just have Whatsapp, Mx player, ADM and some others like these! last time i checked the temperature with Cputemp application the Cpu was at 65 Celsius. Seriously I wasn't able to touch back of the phone! SONY what are you doing? Last update was planned to fix Bluetooth problem and it did but with this temperature phone life time will reduce to half. Please do something for this Overheat problem it's really annoying. On Android 5.1 i could record 4k over 15 minutes but with this 253 build number it's not possible to record more than 7. something is wrong with 253.
6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Last-man

Reinstall the latest update with XC and report back in 2 days

Xperia Companion (XC)

Software Repair Guide

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

Last-man
Visitor

System updates are not reversible and the only way is using Flashtool but I don't want to flash previous build number. At first let's hope for SONY fix.
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Last-man

That it's not my suggestion, re-install the latest update with XC and report back in 2 days, or you can contact Sony directly >>> Local support as this is a user based forum. 

Narees_ej20
Visitor

Recently my z5 has been overheating more than usual it just gets extremely hot even without use 

Gabinka
Visitor

That's one of the problems I've had since the 7.1.1 update. I did flash it back to 7.0 but sadly that didn't solve any of the problems. So either the 7.1.1 didn't cause them or it caused an issue with the hardware.

I'll be sending my Z5 off for repair soon. I hope they fix it. I want to love my Z5 again.

Lion666
Visitor

The new update is very bad .. My phon z5 premum is very hot now after used 5 minet