Join now - be part of our community!

Z5 Compact heating since last update

zaizou
Visitor

Z5 Compact heating since last update

Hi everyone, 

My Xperia Z5 Compact(E5823) is heating and it take more than 8 hours to be completely charged since last update (32.2.A.5.11)!!!! I've got it since one month!!!

18 REPLIES 18
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@zaizou

Repair the phone with XC and report back also, test a different usb cable and wall charger

Xperia Companion (XC)

Software Repair Guide

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

NeoBeum
Enthusiast

32.2.A.0.253 is the better firmware IMO. 305 introduced gamma problems and proximity issues on my device.
zaizou
Visitor

I repaires the soft With XC, and used several cables but jogging, still the same problems
Martin20
Visitor

yeah teh .253 is the best firmware...the follow up 5.11 isnt too bad either.

ive noticed it addresses the heating issues

Goudgem
Visitor

Since upgrading to Nougat twice a day the phone becomes very hot and very slow. The only thing I can do is to power off and restart the phone.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?
ARJUN_SINGH
Visitor

I am not experiencing any such issue regarding Z5 getting Hot ....regarding working slow: it does sometimes. You can try a software repair using Xperia Companion but that will roll back to Android 6 because Android 7 for Xperia Z5 is under repair and will be shortly released.

Kokila
Visitor

I have z5 compact. originally this phone had Singapore ftf. Later I flashed Malaysian ftf of nougat. My phone is OK. No problems. Except for heating. Why this Sony phones always have this heating problems. Earlier I had z1 compact with the same problem of heating
NeoBeum
Enthusiast

@Kokila wrote:
I have z5 compact. originally this phone had Singapore ftf. Later I flashed Malaysian ftf of nougat. My phone is OK. No problems. Except for heating. Why this Sony phones always have this heating problems. Earlier I had z1 compact with the same problem of heating

It's probably because Malaysia has more operating frequencies than Singapore so your phone is working harder than it needs to, to filter out what it doesn't need.

Deadeye22
Visitor

I have the same issues, updated to nougat, phone drains battery extremely fast, even in safe mode, it overheats in a few minutes, the A57 cores (that i paid for) are never used due to oberheating. I hate my phone, paid premium android phone money, for an a53 quad core with half a day battery, that i repair amd safe mode, but still works the same