Join now - be part of our community!

Z2 won't go into safe mode

sgizmo
Visitor

Z2 won't go into safe mode

Hi, 

my phone won't start into safe mode. Always stuck in blue waves and restart in normal mode. I was trying everything, but safe mode does not work. 

6 REPLIES 6
Jonas
Master

Hi @sgizmo, sorry to hear about this, sounds very strange. Slightly_frowning_Face

May I ask how are you are trying to reboot your phone in safe mode? Are you restarting the device and then holding down the volume down button when you see that Android is starting on your screen?

If you are, try rebooting the device directly to safe mode (click on the blue link) from the menu that you see when you press and hold the power button on your device.

Let me know how it went!

sgizmo
Visitor

Yes. It's strange. I was googling about this and nothing. I removed sd card and sim. I was trying everything. Push power and volume down. I was try to start pushing on screen power  off button "do you want to start into safe mode... " or smth. But nothing work. Always freeze for 3s on blue waves and then restart into normal mode. Not into safe mode. My phone isn't rooted or smth. Original 6.0.1 firmware. 

Jonas
Master

Hi again, thanks for the update!

I have never heard about this before, however I'd recommend that you perform a software repair using Xperia Companion. This will delete all data stored on the internal storage and reinstall the latest available software in your phone.

Do note that since data is being removed, creating a backup using Xperia Companion before you start with the repair is advised.

Keep me posted!

sgizmo
Visitor

Thanks. I will reinstall android when I get home. Very interesting what's going on with safe mode. Searching on Google and can't find anything about freezing when starting safe mode. I try everything, but nothing.  Normal mode working without any problems. 

sgizmo
Visitor

Hi again. Today i made full repair with Xperia Companion and then i restored backup and all problems now are fixed. Safe mode working fine. 

Jonas
Master

Hi again!

I'm really happy to hear that! Slightly_smiling_Face

Let me know if there is anything else!