Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z, ZR, ZL 4.3 Update Bugs

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

The purpose of this thread is to list any bugs or issues with the new update, please post a brief description of the issue. 

1. Dreadful multi-language keyboard layout, its like the Z1, now word suggestions are on all the languages that you've selected, as there isn't a key to switch between languages.
  2. SmartWatch 2 connectivity issues
  3. missing NFC icon
  4. Screenshots border issue
  5. If SW2 its connected (Bluetooth on) there are some WiFi connectivity issues
  6. WiFi connectivity issues experienced by some users
388 REPLIES 388
fanisg
Visitor

I was hoping that Sony will give the "best of Sony " after 4.3 release but was a big turn off!
1. No more headset and car audio bluetooth connectivity and my problem is permanent!!!! 2. NFC keep connect and disconnect constantly! 3. Battery life after update its just a joke! With fully charged battery when I disconnect my charger 100% goes to 85 in about 5 minutes only wifi enabled and not using the phone! No problems with that before updating! So Sony please roll out a fix for all those issues. Our money doesnt deserve that lack of quality! Friendly
0ctane
Visitor

I agree. Since this latest update I have had the following issues:

- Mobile Data cutting out completely requiring a restart to get working again.

- Network signal dropping out during calls.

- Chrome browser display issues(black screen on open tabs, display issues)

- Poor battery performance

draganvranjkovi
Visitor

I'm having problems with my speaker during phone call. Sound quality is pretty poor, and from time to time speaker goes off during call and I have to turn on loudspeaker so I could hear anything. I havent put it under water so water is not the issue. Anyone with same problem? Please help!
djo1
Visitor

same issues and bluetooth constantly drops out

CP_Chong54
Visitor

I just brought Xperia ZR month ago, now my phone got a lot of problem after updated it's software to Android 4.3

1. Touch screen sometimes not functional

2. Press power button sometimes did not wake up phone screen

3. Earpiece got noisy sound when making calls

acutephysician
Visitor

Solved the Wi-Fi problem. Switch Off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi starts working again.
Can Sony please sort this Out? Need Bluetooth for connection to watch all the time.

FrankV
Visitor

The Z became a connectivity nightmare after the 4.3 update. I spend almost 1.000€ on a smartphone + accessories, just to find out that I spend far too much time in trying to solve all kinds of connectivity-issues.

Customer satisfaction dropped from 90 to almost 0 now. I'm seriously considering selling this very expensive piece of crap and replacing it by a 'proper smartphone: the Iphone 5.

Bad experience, Sony... Never again, rippers...(you know Sony: when you ask money for something, people expect something functional in return)

Rudolph79
Visitor

I have updated my unbranded Sony Xperia Z to Android 4.3 in the Netherlands 2 days ago.

Sofar, I noticed the following issues (which were not there before the update):

(1) When connected through Bluetooth to my BT speaker (Philips P9), I cannot even find my WiFi network.

This is problematic for streaming music. It helps to disable bluetooth, thereafter the WiFi network can be found.*

(2) The WiFi connection is considerably slower than before.

(3) My car kit (Kenwood DNX7260BT) freezes when trying to synchronize the contacts through bluetooth connection. No calls can be made.

(4) Sometimes the phone does not react to the power button. The screen stays black. Only after 4-5 times pressing the button it comes alive again.

(5) The keyboard does not allow switching between languages anymore.

(6) The battery drains faster.

Build-number: 10.4.B.0.569 10.4.1.B.0.101

2014-02-11: received a firmware update. It solved problem (1) above. It was announced that this firmware update would solve bluetooth connectivity issues, but it still cannot communicate with my carkit.

After two weeks of using Android 4.3 on the Xperia Z, I noticed two more smaller flaws:

(7) often the tab page in the Chrome browser stays black. Scrolling it brings back the view of the page.

(8) i have setup smart connect app to display the clock when I place the phone in the docking station, but after the update it display the locked keypad screen, instead of the clock.

2014-02-17: received firmware update 10.4.1.B.0.101. No noticeable changes sofar.

Updated the bluetooth firmware for the Kenwood carkit (v3.30.4): connection issues are gone now.

totikk
Visitor

A few days ago, Sony has posted firmware for Xperia Z1 which is consist one of the fixes - work Bluetooth. There was a problem with disconnects and choppy sound like compression as 64 kbit \ s.

When we see the same fix for Xperia Z/ZL/ZR?

Aron
Visitor

Hello Forum,

I have a Xperia Z and I have installed 3 days before the update to 4.3.

First of all, the design was changed to its detriment, it looks pale, almost desolate. Especially the colors for the display of the clock.

It is also a pity that there are no dark design more, everything is really light what the paleness enhanced.

Furthermore, I have found that the setting "desk clock", after a short time the display turns off, rendering it useless as alarm clock or bedside clock.

As a positive effect, I have found that the Wi-Fi has become better reception.