Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z, ZR, ZL 4.3 Update Bugs

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

The purpose of this thread is to list any bugs or issues with the new update, please post a brief description of the issue. 

1. Dreadful multi-language keyboard layout, its like the Z1, now word suggestions are on all the languages that you've selected, as there isn't a key to switch between languages.
  2. SmartWatch 2 connectivity issues
  3. missing NFC icon
  4. Screenshots border issue
  5. If SW2 its connected (Bluetooth on) there are some WiFi connectivity issues
  6. WiFi connectivity issues experienced by some users
388 REPLIES 388
AngriiPanda
Visitor

When I updated to 4.3 my phonepad was still available to use AND even being an option under keyboard settings. I changed various times to qwerty to try out but then back again to phonepad no problem. After a couple of more tries doing this, my option of using phonepad disappeared completely & now no way to get back!?

WHY remove this option? The qwerty keyboard I just don't like & hard to get used to. Why is it possible to use this under the chinese keyboard but not main/international one? Bug?

Also, I noticed the smiley key 😕 & :-S brings up the same smiley for both. It shows :-S

Tags (1)
sunnyeric
Visitor

ZR issues after update to 4.3

- battery life not as good as 4.2.2

- Walkman app not loading properly or slowly / walkman app unrepsonsive

- bluetooth (to headphones) drop connection after a while

- phone sometimes doesn't ring even when it's on full volume

- xperia themes in 4.2.2. all gone..

any advice?

lanie
Visitor

Since I have loaded the lastest softwear update my phone is using batery much quicker and has no started to feel very hot even when not in use. I seem to remember the new updated wanted access to my location could this be the problem. I have no apps running in the background so see no reason for this problem except the update. 

dm84
Contributor

Factory reset your handset and pls back up before you perform this
kob0683
Visitor

I got some trouble after update my ZL to 4.3 as below.

1. Can not open WEB from google crome.

2. Camera was start at 2M. but before start at VGA.

3. No long batterry life.

shawofit
Visitor

problems after update...

1. phone runs Hotter
2. phone becomes unresponsive after each phone call, black screen and no response from power button, so I need to do a hard reset EVERY time!
badnwelsh
Visitor

I'm having all these issues too.
diegopea
Visitor

Hello, I tried to update my Xperia zl but says 'already have the latest update,' I knew you released the latest update to android 4.3. Please help me
Thanks.
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

It means your phone is up to date,you need to wait some more.

alexdon
MadGnome
Visitor

Based on the problems with 4.3 I would count your blessings and not upgrade even if it becomes available!

Sony email help at first denied that there were any problems and now having referred them to this thread say that a patch for the Bluetooth problems is being worked on but no idea when it will be released.

So DON'T upgrade it really isn't worth it I wish I hadn't