Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z, ZR, ZL 4.3 Update Bugs

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

The purpose of this thread is to list any bugs or issues with the new update, please post a brief description of the issue. 

1. Dreadful multi-language keyboard layout, its like the Z1, now word suggestions are on all the languages that you've selected, as there isn't a key to switch between languages.
  2. SmartWatch 2 connectivity issues
  3. missing NFC icon
  4. Screenshots border issue
  5. If SW2 its connected (Bluetooth on) there are some WiFi connectivity issues
  6. WiFi connectivity issues experienced by some users
388 REPLIES 388
a2k22010
Visitor

i thought that the update would provide this... but it looks to be like its not included...
JakeSully
Contributor

answer to YasinToprak: thats up to turkey vodafone to publish the update 4.3 to your xperia z then and not sony.

usalanfatih
Visitor

Bigger problem on 4.3 for me ; I can't update applications from google play. Also internet speed is very slow than os 4.2.2. 

If i cant install or update any application why i need this s***id phone. 

vincaro
Visitor

Before update 4.3 no Bluetooth on Xperia ZR C5502, after update its works a few minutes and its dead again, a friend of mine have a Xperia Z and he have the same problem, He brought his cell where he buy it, they changed it, and continued with the same problem, working for a few minutes and nothing.

vincaro
Visitor

3. Bluetooth not working

onkelbob
Visitor

On my Xperia Z C6603 I found 3 problems till now:

1. After closing an app it takes 1.5 - 2 seconds for building up the home screen.

2. AppOps for permission control is not working.

3. I can´t create symbolic links or widgets where I have to chose an option.

QC
Visitor

After 4.3 update Xperia Z.  NFC can't connect SmartWact2 automatically?

Only manually with BlueTooth connection....

Maybe 10.4.B.0.569 is beta version ?? Slightly_smiling_Face   earlier was ...A... 4.2.2

profile.country.GB.title
RoberMC

Guys, i had some of the bugs you are posting, other strange behaviors, and some performance issues. Then i did backup of my most important apps and i reinstalled the firmware with FACTORY RESET, and all the problems were gone for good. Everything is smoother than ever and working perfectly.

Then the bugs i have found after factory reset with the system clean are:

- When installing an app, progress bar overlaps app title.

- Wifi hotspot standalone toggle widget does not work. it can disable the hotspot, but not enable it. I am refering to the standalone widget, the configurable fast access toggle in the notification area works fine.

I have found out that Bluetooth audio streaming A2DP skips and stutters a lot, in previous firmwares i got one small skip every 3-4 minutes of listening. Now after 4.3 update (with factory reset), i got AVRCP 1.3 support with artist and track info systemwide, but i cannot listen a full song without having at least 10 nasty skips. for me this destroys this function completely.

To listen bluetooth music streaming i am using my 2012 BMW Factory Car audio system (Professional Audio + Pro Navigation + ConnectedDrive + Top Hi-Fi Logic7 DSP)

shavanni
Visitor

Smart Connect no longer works correctly.

It only picks the NFC tags the first time you use it

in other words, Its not actioning the end action and anddoesn't action the start action again unless u reboot the phone

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Try to remove updates for smart connect.

alexdon