Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z Ultra reboots continuously

SOLVED
howden82
Visitor

Xperia Z Ultra reboots continuously

Hi, I have had my Xperia Z Ultra just short of 2 weeks, last sunday night my phone started shutting its self down, and then instantly restarting, doing this every five minutes. Since then i have done a repair via the desktop sync app, and i have done a full complete factory reset. Both times have temporarily solved the issue.

But last night (sunday night again) it has started doing it again, restarting every five minutes, the back of the phone feels warmer than usual, the boot loop seems to be drinking the battery as well.

The device is on the latest version of the operating system.

Thanks,

Stephen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Remove the SIM,see if the same occurs.

alexdon

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

alexdon
howden82
Visitor

@alexdon wrote:

Hmmmm, Strange, removed the sim card as soon as you posted that advice alexdon, 

since then i have had no reboots and the device feels cool / normal temperature.

Would seem my issue is linked to the sim, any idea what to do about this?

My sim is a 4G sim from UK carrier EE

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

It could be a faulty SIM,usually that makes the device restart as it finds and loses the SIM.Get a brand new micro SIM.

alexdon
SLyn9745
Visitor

Mine is doing the same, I have taken out the sim but it still seems to happen. I downloaded a reboot log app and left it over night charging. When I check this morning it rebooted twice and didn't again until I got up and as soon as u npluged the charger and put it into my pocket it rebooted. It has reboot about 10mins ago. I am convinced it's software related eg. Kitkat and something with my charger.. Mostly when I plug it in and leave it alone.
howden82
Visitor

You just described exactly what mine seemed to do, so far the last two Sunday nights into Monday mornings. Had been fine since I did that sim test alexdon suggested, even leaving it on full charge over night. But I'm kind of expecting it to do it again this Sunday night, then I guess it could be an event triggering it. Will post back here with anything I find.

*5 days without incident *
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Keep us updated,hope it won't come again.

alexdon
howden82
Visitor

All looking good this week, still using the same sim card, i am beggining to wonder if the sim card was not

sat correctly in the sim card tray, so in removing it last week, i have re-inserted it correctly this time??

Anyway, issue seems to be resolved. I shal post back to this thread in the future should it occur again.

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Yes,there is that possibility.

alexdon
albertusap
Visitor

Who can fix this problem?? help me. my phone cant conecet to pc, because when i have conected to pc after 10 sec the phone staert restart and restart.. and my Xperia Z ultra can't conect while power off. And i stop this by press the button beside slot of SIM card. I try press the power + vol up when phone off no do anything.... on the phone with no SIM and SD card are same and when i press the power its hapend again and again. Please  someone share who can fix this ???? thanks