Join now - be part of our community!

Phone slows down, heats up and restarts periodically after some apps are moved to SD card

radim1024
Visitor

Phone slows down, heats up and restarts periodically after some apps are moved to SD card

Hello,

my internal card was running low on space and I got a message I should move apps to the external SD card. I clicked ok and severe problems started. One of the apps did not move properly (I got a message about that but did not find out which app it was). The apps that were moved disappeared from the list of installed apps. I could not even see them as installed in the AppStore. App icons of course reversed to a default with a small SD card sing on them. The phone is very slow and heats considerably. It reboots itself periodically, after several minutes, even if I do not touch it at all. I should note that the SD card is a fast one and it is in a good health. When I remove the card, the phone is ok, the moved apps appear as uninstalled. Reading the other thread on SD card problems, I tried to remove the .android_secure folder using my computer. It did not help. I tried to clear the cache for XperiaHome but I am not allowed to do that (the button is grey, therefore not responding). I tried to remove the card and reinstall one app, it installed but the icon remained the blue default (but without the SD card sign on it). When I put the SD card back, the icon reappeared. But the app is extremely slow and the rest of the problems remains. Is there any less painful procedure than a factory reset?  Maybe I should add it is Android 6.0.1. and the SD card was not formatted as internal.

0 REPLIES 0