Join now - be part of our community!

Sony z5, death after restarting the device

SOLVED
The_Downfall
Visitor

Sony z5, death after restarting the device

Hello everyone.

Today i was working with my device and decided to restart my phone, after that the phone didnt turned on for some reasons but whatever i did couldnt make it operational and tried all possible ways, i failed. i also tried "To force a 2-minute restart" after 3 vibrations and ignoring them i plugged phone to charger and untill now nothing happened. please help my phone is just 10 month old and this problem is so weird. note that i did turning on by holding up and down volume button and all rest of methods.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CameronT
Champion

@The_Downfall,

Was your phone completely shut down when you connected it for the software repair? You can force a shut down by holding the power button and volume up button together and it should vibrate 3 times.

If so, and you can't do the software repair, the best thing to do will be to contact your Local support team.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
CameronT
Champion

Hi @The_Downfall, welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear about this issue Slightly_frowning_Face

You have tried the correct steps so far, so next I would suggest you try a software repair using Xperia Companion.

The_Downfall
Visitor

@CameronT thank u for ur responding, i also did what u said it doesnt even recognize the phone and nothing happens.

Gabinka
Visitor

If you open the door to the SIM card, you should see a small yellow (or other color) button you can press with an unfolded paper clip. Hold it in until the phone vibrates.

I had this happen to my Z2 tablet and that little button was the only thing to make it turn on.  

Good luck.

The_Downfall
Visitor

Well i did that and it didnt vibrate, how long should keep pushing that button?

CameronT
Champion

@The_Downfall,

Was your phone completely shut down when you connected it for the software repair? You can force a shut down by holding the power button and volume up button together and it should vibrate 3 times.

If so, and you can't do the software repair, the best thing to do will be to contact your Local support team.