Join now - be part of our community!

Phone keep vibrating for everything (Z5 with 7.0 Android)

Tylo
Visitor

Phone keep vibrating for everything (Z5 with 7.0 Android)

Hi there,

My phone is driving me nuts... I can't figure out how to solve the issue...

For messages (Whatsapp, FB messenger, SMS/text) I want ONLY the LED to blink.

For calls (Whatsapp or normal phonecalls) the phone must vibrate.

Now it's in vibration mode and does everything well, except that it does vibrating upon receiving a text message (which I dont want it to!). Putting the phone in DND (Do Not Disturb) mode with Whatsapp in the exception-list does not let the phone vibrate upon being called (which is what I DO want).

How do I solve this?

I'm looking for some other answer aswell, like not having the phone vibrate when unlocking it with fingerscan. And the file explorer software keeps on giving me update in the notification bar, which I dont want it to... Sigh... 

Thanks in advance!,

Tylo 

3 REPLIES 3
CameronT
Champion

Hi @Tylo,

The vibration functionality will need to be controlled individually by app.

In the SMS Messaging app for example, press the 3 dots on the top right and select Settings. There will be an option to enable or disable vibration.

You will need to do this for each application. Please be aware that third party apps may not all have the settings in the same place, and may not have the customisation options. It is up to the application developer to support this or not.

Tylo
Visitor

Been there, done that. Any other suggestions? Seems like Sony software is interfering with Android and/or Whatsapp. No1 else had used this setting and come across this?

CameronT
Champion

The version of Android on Xperia devices is close to stock Android with a few customisations. Are you not able to customise the vibration options for WhatsApp? You may wish to check with the developers for assistance with that application.

There may be other third party apps that will give you more control over vibration, but I am not aware of any myself.