Service started keeps appearing on screen ,what is this?≤

Norrie1
Visitor

30 REPLIES 30
Hs12
Visitor

Has anyone resolved this? my battery also keeps going from like 70 to 0 is it linked? 

Marc46
Visitor

Is anyone else experiencing an issue with the Album aswell. I've just tried to delete a couple of pics that I screen shot n it's saying could not delete. I wonder if it's related to the "service started" and the draining of the battery. 

Hs12
Visitor

I had the same problem I followed these instructions another user posted

Go to settings > apps > show system > media storage app > storage > clear data then restart your phone

And it worked but my battery life is still terrible!  

profile.country.en_GB.title
naeem98
Visitor

I'm having the exact same problems with my Xperia xz. Disappointing. 

Sebastalian
Visitor

The same issue for me on my Sony Xperia Z5 Dual 

Wes25
Visitor

Re: Service started keeps appearing on screen ,what is this?≤

NeoBeum
Enthusiast

I bet you it's something **bleep** like instant apps, or google nearby

Wes25
Visitor

I used avg task killer on my phone and it is something to do with movie creator app, you can either disable it or force stop it and problem will be gone.

crownsandclay
Visitor

@Wes25 wrote:

I used avg task killer on my phone and it is something to do with movie creator app, you can either disable it or force stop it and problem will be gone.

Movie creator was already disabled on my phone and I still have this issue. That's not the culprit.

tyw7
Visitor

Copying my reply to

/t5/Xperia-Z5-Z5-Compact-Z5-Premium/quot-Service-started-quot-appears-every-few-minutes/m-p/1254710#... as it solved that person's issue, which is similar to this.

@tyw7 wrote:

Does the problem only occur recently?

I tracked mine down to the Wuntu app, which causes a popup in all my devices.  The app updated and it caused the message to pop up.

To troubleshoot the misbehaving app, try booting into safe mode first.  This can be done by pressing on the word "shutdown."  The word "safe mode" will display on the screen over your wallpaper.

If the "service started" error message disappears, it's due to a misbehaving app you recently installed or updated.  To exit safe mode, simply reboot the device.

Try uninstalling the one that you updated or installed the most recent and work your way backward until the message stopped.  Then you have found your culprit.

P.S. it wouldn't hurt to contact the developers of the offending app to try to get the problem fixed.

@NeoBeum wrote:

I bet you it's something **bleep** like instant apps, or google nearby

Instant apps uninstall as soon as you exit it.  And I have Google instant apps activated and it did not cause the issue.