Join now - be part of our community!

E6683 crashes many times

Tobse
Visitor

E6683 crashes many times

Hello,

for about 10 months I own a Z5 Dual (E6683) which worked without any issues. 2 months ago I had first troubles with the mobile reception just dropping for hours. Sometimes "bending" the phone a bit helped. I sent the phone for repair 2 times but the issue could not be reproduced. Then the phone also started to suddenly crash from time to time (red LED flashing, rebooting). I sent it for repair a 3rd time, finally both issues could be reproduced and the mainboard was replaced.

Seems the mobile reception is good now, but the phone still crashes and it's getting worse every day. I did several factory resets, even changed the firmware from the original one (singapore customization) to the latest official German one, did a software repair using the Companion software, tried to install no single app, tried with and without SIM & SD card(s), deactivated WLAN - nothing helped, always crashes out of a sudden.

What could that be? Can this be caused by a bad battery, e.g. if it's not able to keep its voltage? I have the feeling that it's working better with a reduced display brightness, but that can also be just a random/wrong observation.

Thanks,

Tobias

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Did they replace battery under previous repair?

Could be another trip to Local support imo

Tobse
Visitor

No the battery was not replaced. But I guess this would be out of warranty anyway (specifically since it turned out the device I bought was for the singapore and not european market).

Tobse
Visitor

In the meantime, also battery was replaced, but issue is still the same. I have no clue what else to try, since mainboard was replaced, battery was replaced, several factory resets and firmware updates have been tried, ... And the repair service again can't reproduce the issue. Immediately when I got the device back from them and turned it on, it rebooted twice without me installing or configuring anything. Looks like I just have to recycle the phone. What a pity, I really liked it.