Service started keeps appearing on screen ,what is this?≤

Norrie1
Visitor

30 REPLIES 30
Norrie1
Visitor

Mine is the same I've been through all the settings and it seemed to disappear, but now it's back,going to store tomorrow,I shall post online if I can get it fixed

ChloeS
Contributor

Hi @Pippinz@crownsandclay@jaz22blue

By the sounds of it in safemode none of you have experienced the error. 

That definitely means there is a third party app installed that is causing the problem, although you may not have installed any new apps recently, an app or the software of your device could have been updated since then which is now causing issues. 

The only way to resolve this unfortunately is to remove the apps one at a time, once the problem stops, the last app removed was the one causing the problem. 

It can be a bit tedious to do this but it will resolve the issue for you. 

Good luck Slightly_smiling_Face

Chevy911
Visitor

Same here after upgrading my Z5 to 7.1.1

Marc46
Visitor

Mine started after I installed a game called Missile Escape from Google play. I've since removed the app but the pop up still keeps, well, popping up. Twice whilst I've been writing this. I've checked the service list in my accounts n sync Xperia folder and I've unchecked all that was ticked. But it still keeps coming. 

ChloeS
Contributor

Hi @Marc46

Welcome to the community Slightly_smiling_Face

Although it occurred after installing that particular game, have you also tested the phone in safe mode to see if you still get the pop up?

Let me know 

Matt5
Visitor

It's started happening to me the past week. I've reset the phone completely and it still occurs even with just the stock apps installed. Doesn't happen in safe mode though. 

Damoconstructio
Visitor

I've seen this a few times when I've unlocked my phone. If it is still there after a factory reset with just the stock apps there's no point trying to uninstall everything is there? 

Facebook, Messenger, Track ID and Strava are the only apps that have updated in the last 24 hours so if it's a stock app it must be Track ID. The only other thing I can think of that I've changed is something to do with location settings. So maybe try those?

Would this cause my battery to run down quicker? My phone did not charge at all on the drive down to London just now and in fact slightly discharged over a 4 hour journey connected via the magnetic charge port on a z3 to xsp n1bt

The2pMachine
Visitor

Hi, the application that seems to be causing this is the standalone Facebook Messenger app. After un-installing it, I know longer get the "service started" pop-up. 

crownsandclay
Visitor

Messenger did it for me as well! Hopefully it gets fixed soon because I can't really get away with deleting that, I was hoping it would just be a game or something. 

Marc46
Visitor

Whatever it is, is draining my battery despite the power saving. Needs to be sorted as I can't turn my Internet on without it coming up every couple of minutes.