Join now - be part of our community!

Screen Mirroring!

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
zlays84

Screen Mirroring!

I have BRAVIA KDL-46EX720 TV will I be able to achieve HD screen mirroring if I attach UWA-BR100 wi-fi dongle to my TV?

I also have Xperia Z...

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samuel1
Hero

Well, well, seems I'm wrong indeed. The BR100 does indeed seem to support miracast. Slightly_smiling_Face

All you need to do now is to activate the screen mirroring option under Settings > Xperia > Screen mirroring and follow the guide to setup the screen mirroring.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Samuel1
Hero

No, to get wireless mirroring you need to have a miracast dongle attached to your TV and from what I can see the UWA-BR100 doesn't support that. You can however get DLNA working, to show pictures and videos from your phone on the TV wireless.

profile.country.GB.title
zlays84

Thank you Samuel,but could it be that you're wrong?Check this certification:

http://certifications.wi-fi.org/pdf_certificate.php?cid=WFA11524

Samuel1
Hero

Well, well, seems I'm wrong indeed. The BR100 does indeed seem to support miracast. Slightly_smiling_Face

All you need to do now is to activate the screen mirroring option under Settings > Xperia > Screen mirroring and follow the guide to setup the screen mirroring.

profile.country.GB.title
zlays84

Yeah I know how to do that but first I'm gonna go and purchase BR100 Slightly_smiling_Face thats why I asked you guys cuz I was not sure will it be possible and my TV is on wired connection so if BR100 couldn't support Miracast it would be money wasted and it would end up collecting dust :smileygrin: but now I'm really happy :smileygrin: can't wait to play Real Racing 3 on big screen to take some break from Gran Turismo 5 :smileygrin:

Thanks for your help!

Tizzo_Tiz
Visitor

Hi zlays,

Did you end up trying the BR100 with the xperia Z screen mirroring?

Thanks Slightly_smiling_Face

profile.country.GB.title
zlays84

I was lucky that guys from the store let me try it and its not working,don't waste your money BR100 CAN'T DO SCREEN MIRRORING!

anirudhks
Visitor

thats really disappointing , As looking aat the Wifi certification it was Miracast certified and it doesnt work on my Bravia tv now  Slightly_frowning_Face

Xperia support team any help on this?

metalshadow
Visitor

Hi, i have an xperia V and a Samsung Smart TV 7500 Series 2013 And it suports mirroring.
my problem is when i try to pair the phone with the tv it doen't fully load the screen and never duplicates it.

ilovedongle
Visitor

Asus Miracast Wireless Display Adapter is best for the wireless screen mirroring. Image quality is nice. This device allows you to keep active two screens, at a time.