Join now - be part of our community!

Screen Mirroring does not work, full of bugs.

Senhawk
Visitor

Screen Mirroring does not work, full of bugs.

Hi,

I've had a Sony Z1 for well over six months now and have got a Sony Bravia TV that supports mircast screen mirroring. When I purchased the Z1 it was on android 4.2 and the screen mirroring worked a treat, it was lag free, always responsive etc.

But when I upgraded to 4.3, the mirroring was buggy as **bleep**, the device always disconnected, when it did connect after several attempts it would lag, black out, then disconnect again. I've tried fiddling with wifi settings as well as wifi direct etc. but no joy and I left it as that.

When I knew 4.4 kitkat was coming to the z1 I waited as I would assume the issue would be fixed, but I upgraded to 4.4 (build: 14.3.A.0.757) today and is still full of these disconnecting and unresponsive bugs. I'm not sure what the problem is, I mirrored a samsung s4 mini and works absolutely fine (4.2) and I can mirror my sony xperia tablet z (4.3) with no issues either. I know a relative who also owns the z1 and has exactly the same issue, what also seems to happen now and then, is that half way through a mirrored session, the wifi would disable and will switch to the mobile network, then after some time, back to wifi again; yet this never happened on 4.2?

Is there a fix or a way to solve these issues? It's rather annoying having such a great feature that doesn't want to work on a flagship. 

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
snake88
Visitor

I have been a die hard fan of Sony over the years, me and my brother have all consoles, Sony laptop mp4 and of course a bravia TV.kdl-42w805b.I used to have a z1 compact and after it no longer worked - smashed I bought the phone im currently using a z1. All nice and dandy until someday I tried the screen mirroring after the z1 update. Turned out to be a big disappointment..

All was nice and good but I kind of lost confidence in the brand itself as I'm not able to find a fix to this issue.