Join now - be part of our community!

Screen Mirroring does not work, full of bugs.

Senhawk
Visitor

Screen Mirroring does not work, full of bugs.

Hi,

I've had a Sony Z1 for well over six months now and have got a Sony Bravia TV that supports mircast screen mirroring. When I purchased the Z1 it was on android 4.2 and the screen mirroring worked a treat, it was lag free, always responsive etc.

But when I upgraded to 4.3, the mirroring was buggy as **bleep**, the device always disconnected, when it did connect after several attempts it would lag, black out, then disconnect again. I've tried fiddling with wifi settings as well as wifi direct etc. but no joy and I left it as that.

When I knew 4.4 kitkat was coming to the z1 I waited as I would assume the issue would be fixed, but I upgraded to 4.4 (build: 14.3.A.0.757) today and is still full of these disconnecting and unresponsive bugs. I'm not sure what the problem is, I mirrored a samsung s4 mini and works absolutely fine (4.2) and I can mirror my sony xperia tablet z (4.3) with no issues either. I know a relative who also owns the z1 and has exactly the same issue, what also seems to happen now and then, is that half way through a mirrored session, the wifi would disable and will switch to the mobile network, then after some time, back to wifi again; yet this never happened on 4.2?

Is there a fix or a way to solve these issues? It's rather annoying having such a great feature that doesn't want to work on a flagship. 

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
Senhawk
Visitor

Anyone else experiencing these issues?

Senhawk
Visitor

Any recommendations?

SergioPL1
Contributor

I had some issues with Miracast on my Z1 but with 4.2 and 4.3 firmware. It was loosing connection or kept saying that I don't have HDCP. I was connecting using Netgear Push2TV.

On 4.4  (.757) it works quite stable. On Z1C with 4.3 I wasn't able to miracast at all.

The same goes with screen mirroring to Z2 tablet. Works fine from Z1 to Z2 (both KitKat, altough one touch pairing is a disaster and not working at all), but you can forget about it using Z1C and Android 4.3.

pro_luggi
Visitor

Hi Sergio PL,

as I'm experiencing the same issues, could you tell me which firmware you used on the Netgear Push2TV?

I've been trying with 4.4(.757) on my Z1 but in vain....

SergioPL1
Contributor

Hi!

2.4.19 and 2.4.38. Haven't tried 2.4.46 yet. 

And streaming from Z1 to Z2 Tablet stop working. 

Going to try mirrorlink with Toyota touch 2 tomorrow (USB connection).

Timy27
Visitor

I'm having the same issue. Xperia Z1. Android 4.4.2 KitKat. version 14.3.A.0.757.

"doesn't support HDCP" it says. On any TV. ANY TV!

Never worked.

Tags (1)
February
Visitor

I have z1 compact
When I using screen mirroring by LG TV that have lag and some times screen freeze
Why sony resolve this problem and why late for update xperia smartphone
I think I must buy iPhone
ashleylawless
Visitor

Use a mhl cable.
Leemurphybelfas
Visitor

I have the Z3 and the latest kitkat software, I also have a Bravia kd55x8505bbu so both devices are pretty much brand new and up to date. The screen mirroring is terrible, WiFi direct is terrible, these devices seem to not like each other? I also have a Samsung galaxy s5 which I used for a month when I first got the TV, it worked perfectly, it even let me use my phone while I was watching a movie on the TV through the phone! Why dont these two devices work so well? I love my Z3 but I'm seriously considering going back to my Samsung 😕