Join now - be part of our community!

"Headset is plugged in" Constant notification

gnardog41
Visitor

"Headset is plugged in" Constant notification

When I plug in headset or aux. cord,The notification "Headphones-Headset Is plugged in"notification stays in notification shade and lockscreen,cannot be swiped away.Longpress notification and hit "i" takes me to Phone management under App Notifications category.No way to block this notification natively,have to hit "Force stop" and it goes away,is there a permanent solution,I dont want to see it ,my music controls are cluttered withis notification on lockscreen and pulldown shade.Running the latest Xperia firmware update and 6.0.1 Marsh.Please help!!

9 REPLIES 9
Jake-SonyXperia
Champion

Hi gnardog41,

I am trying to understand the question in full, I have plugged my headphones in and in the notification tray a Smart Connect icon appears, I can pull down the notification bar and swipe it to the right, or I can simply tap on it and it asks if I wish to setup  a Music app to launch on inserting.

This notification that appears on your device, is it Smart Connect?

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert
gnardog41
Visitor

Like DD23 says below with screenshot,it does nothing but take up space.Why is this here??Do you not know your headphones are plugged in?I hold the notificaton box longpress which takes me to app notifications for Phone Management.Hit the i circle up top and hit force stop.That makes it go away.I shouldnt have to do that.

gnardog41
Visitor

No,not smart connect.I disabled that.The other Headphones notif. box

Jake-SonyXperia
Champion

I believe you are right @alexdon this is the default now.

Although this may change in the future, however I am aware that there is a high demand for this icon to be present as it helps determine if a headset is working and being seen by the device.

However all feedback is welcome.

malperels
Visitor

This is the most ridiculous notification ever. Should be the exception, not the norm.
arfazero
Visitor

what a pain in the but i disabled this last update but the new firmware update brought it back again. now i have to go find the xda fourm to disable it again. because the whole notification bar is not useable when i have headphones pluged in. because some ID10T cant work out if they have there 3.5m jack pluged in or not... dont need that notification look.
(0a.)is head phones physicaly connected yes go to (1a.) no go to (2a.)

(1a.)is sound comeing out of head phones? yes then yay there working ... no? go to (3a.) if sound is still coeming out of handset speakers when head set is connected then there probs stuffed go get another pair to test. and go to (0a.)
(2a.)plug them in go to (0a.)
(3a.)if no sound is coming out of head set or hand set turn volume up on device go to (0a.) or (4a.)
(4a.)check to see that nothing is wrong with head phone jack in the device cleare of obstruction and moisture if damp blow into it and wait untill dry go back to (0a.)

if all else fails find a technician or your nearest sony shop you may have a corrupted rom on your device and sony gone done a "OTA woopsie" <pro terminology.

see sony just need a self help file like this one but insted you pester every poor sod who shelled out for your over expencive device only to find that the notification tray is filled with "bloatware" and the camera take picture button breaks in the first month with minimal use.

glad you listen to because i noticed in the latest patch i can now doubble press the power button to activate the camera from the lock screen which is a nice work arround for the faulty camera button that you will refuse to acknowledge.

GGWP.
self help section (0a.) to (4a.) is intellectual property of arfa please include credits if used in another article.

G69
Visitor

Lol. As if half metre of cord coming out out of port wasnt enough of a clue....Sony, this is another redundant, obnoxious notification we don't need on the lockscreen....How about making the lockscreen actually good? Start with not being able to so easily and inadvertently change clock style....
ererefwf
Visitor

What a stupid reply and justification. Surely the simple option is to give people the choice. Those that want it on can have it on. Those that don't can switch it off. Surely the fact that sound comes out of the speakers shows if the connection is good or not.