Join now - be part of our community!

Sony xperia z5 premium back panel brocken

Kawin
Visitor

Sony xperia z5 premium back panel brocken

So i dropped my sony Xperia z5 (chrome) premium today and thankfully the front screen is ok but the back glass panel has a crack across the whole panel my questions are is it still water proof with the crack how much will it cost for me to repair it and after i repair it will it still be waterproof 

3 REPLIES 3
Emil
Enthusiast

Hi @Kawin,

I'm sorry to hear this.

I recommend that you get in contact with your Local support team for assistance with how to have your device sent in to an authorized service center for repair. Your local support team can also assist you with questions you may have regarding service procedures in your country/region.

Hope it works out!

Kawin
Visitor

until i get into contact with my local support team can i know if the cracked glass panel (which is a very small hair line crack) on the back of my sony Xperia z5 premium will make it vulnerable to water damage? Thank you

dandy63
Leader

@Kawin @Emil hard to say but definetly not worth the risk of trying, if it did leak water into the phone thru the crack it would automatically void your warranty as the phone was already damaged & the repair bill would be extremely high compared to just a rear screen replacement.