Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z1 Camera black screen

lloydy84
Visitor

Xperia Z1 Camera black screen

I didn't want to make a new post before searching the forums, I checked the first 20 pages of posts but nothing there, which is surprising seeing as this seems a big issue.

Phone screen went black for no reason, as if it's turned off. However, the phone is working fine, all the lights, the sounds, I can call the phone..

I tried the various fixes suggested online. Hold power button & volume up. Yes it vibrates and turns off, it turns back on & the screen is still black.

Tried reset, nothing. Tried updating software, updated fine, still not working.

I sent it to Sony but they're refusing to even look into it because of another unrelated issue which has apparently 'voided' my warranty (very slight bend in phone due to having it in my pocket).

They are refusing to tell me the issue, whether it's a manafacturing issue or not, so I'm left in limbo with a phone that doesn't work.

Can anyone give any advice? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@lloydy84'

You might have to replace the LCD yourself and that might do it. 

a1717
Visitor

Hello, ive bought a Sony xperia z1 compact and The Battery was completely empty. When i charge it again it only shows a black screen, the 'back' arrow and THE bar at THE top. I tried restarting it a few times but that didnt seem to help. Oh and THE screen turns blue sometimes for a second and then becomes black again.

i would appriciate it very much if you would tell me how i could use my phone again.

thanks