Has someone an idea?
THX
23 REPLIES 23
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

can you try to boot safemode? just long press on the power button

does it work there?>

how about running Xperia Diagnostics. settings>about phone. check if the Led works.

try to perform a software repair using Xperia Companion

Frank55
Visitor

THX

I try safe boot without success.
The funny thing, LED works when charging and for reminder. LED doesn't work for WhatsApp and Threema.

Xperia companion will be next trial.
nkphnx
Visitor

On the latest version of WhatsApp from their website, notification light still doesn't work when chats are muted while show notifications.. Notification light will only work if there is vibration or sound. Already checked with WhatsApp.. Now waiting for Sony's response.. Something changed from stock Android 7.0 in Sony's version here.. Sigh....never ending issues with this release
Frank55
Visitor

Yes, you are right. I did the same experience. If a sound is selected, WhatsApp and Threema are working. If muted, it don't.
Jildert
Visitor

I haven't tried this myself yet. But if it only doesn't work because you muted. You can set a silence sound for the groupmessages in your whatsapp and unmute those groupapps. Just till there is a better fix.

If you need a sound to test with, I uploaded a 1 second silence.mp3

http://jildert.com/downloads/silence.mp3

ARJUN_SINGH
Visitor

Try a software repair ....Led light while charging means Light is OK. Must be some issue with settings or Apps.

Frank55
Visitor

Jildert THX, perfect idea with your silence.mp3
GREAT
Hope, Sony will fix soon
Frank55
Visitor

Arjun, I tried software repair with Sony companion, without success.
There is a mismatch in Android 7. When muted a chat (WhatsApp or Threema) the LED for notification doesn't work.
With the little trick from Jildert it works.
It seems a must, notification sound has to be set to enable LED
I followed the hint from Jildert and it works.

So DEAR SONY, PLEASE FIX

THX
nkphnx
Visitor

I think we should all report this directly to our local support to push for a fix. I don't think Sony will care what we say here... It's just too bad their support is going to the gutters alongside bad software..