Join now - be part of our community!

Lock screen clock changed to analog clock

SOLVED
xwaiz
Visitor

Lock screen clock changed to analog clock

I use either Sony clock or digital clock on lock screen.  However, it will get changed to analog clock for no reason.  Few times already.  Changed it back to digital/Sony clock, but it goes back to analog clock after awhile (days).

Anyone see this behavior?  Any way to make the Sony/digital clock to stick?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hampus
Champion

The clock on the lock screen can also be changed if you press and hold at the clock for 2-3 seconds > Swipe left or right when you see that it's marked. Thereby, my thought if you were sure that the phone was locked when you put the phone in the pocket e.g.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Thommo
Genius

It should stay and not change of it's own accord so I'd guess you have an app that is changing the look of the lock screen like a custom launcher or you have custom a widgets app etc

xwaiz
Visitor

@Thommo wrote:

It should stay and not change of it's own accord so I'd guess you have an app that is changing the look of the lock screen like a custom launcher or you have custom a widgets app etc

No, i don't have 3rd party launcher installed.  The phone has Simple and Xperia Home only.

I don't remember I've installed something new after the Loliipop upgrade.  This symptom occurs after the Lollipop upgrade.

If it is caused by widgets / 3rd party apps ... how can I find out?

Thanks.

Thommo
Genius

Booting into safemode and testing will either prove it's an app or software issue
xwaiz
Visitor

@Thommo wrote:
Booting into safemode and testing will either prove it's an app or software issue

The issue doesn't happen right away.  It took almost a week for today's occurance, and I recall it was less than a week for previous occurances.

So, what can i do in safemode to troubleshoot this issue?  Run in safemode for days/weeks?

Hampus
Champion

I have not experienced this behaviour and just like 

xwaiz
Visitor

settings > personalization > Clocks > Analog clock

Not impossible, but chances are pretty low, unless there is a shortcut, which I am not aware of.

BTW, I do lock my phone.

May be reset or clear data on some app/process may help ... Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Hampus
Champion

The clock on the lock screen can also be changed if you press and hold at the clock for 2-3 seconds > Swipe left or right when you see that it's marked. Thereby, my thought if you were sure that the phone was locked when you put the phone in the pocket e.g.

xwaiz
Visitor

Thank you!  I trust you have nailed the problem!!!

Hampus
Champion

Hopefully this can help, keep us updated if this occurs again. Slightly_smiling_Face