Join now - be part of our community!

How to copy phone numbers and paste them into dialer ???

SOLVED
marcoboban
Explorer

How to copy phone numbers and paste them into dialer ???

Hello everybody!

As i asked in the title, how can you copy phone numbers and paste them into dialer to make calls ??

Thank you!

13 REPLIES 13
Thommo
Genius

I can't send a report - I'm a normal user like you but I've been helping other owners for a while best I can - To contact Sony care use this link http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

Pierrackh
Visitor

Has This been sorted?? I'm getting frustrated I can't just copy and paste on some sites and then I can on other sites!!
wizziranaway
Visitor

You can paste numbers on the Z3 - it's REALLY not obvious though! I have a light grey box above the number pad that says 'Enter a name or number using the keypad below to search for a contact'. I wrongly assumed I needed to long press on that grey box to paste a number for dialling, but no... the text entry area is just below that grey box, left of the 'back space' icon (the button you tap to remove numbers). If you long press there, the word 'paste' appears and you can indeed add any number you've copied to the clipboard. It may be clearer to understand if you just start typing some numbers on the keypad so you can see where they appear on the screen, then you will know exactly where to long press to paste the number.

Talk about hiding a pretty essential functionality - what on earth is the reason or explanation for that Sony!?!

wizziranaway
Visitor

check out my reply to the original asker... it took two of us with different Zs to work it out... They haven't made it obvious at all!