Join now - be part of our community!

FM-radio doesn't work with bluetooth after 6.0.1

Marvohh
Visitor

FM-radio doesn't work with bluetooth after 6.0.1

Hi, I recently updated to mahmellow 6.0.1.. Before while using lollipop I could play my radio on my z3 and connect to a Bluetooth speaker, after the update I cannot, it just plays off headsets and the phones speaker. Other apps like the songs on the phone iam able to play off my blue tooth speaker but the radio has failed. Please advise..I tried clearing the cache restarting the fone and failed.

Topic edited by Rickard

35 REPLIES 35
Zlatev
Visitor

Same here. After update to Marshmallow FM radio doesn't work with bluetooth speakers (Sony SRS-XB3 and SRS-X55). My devices are Z3, Z3 Tablet Compact and Z5 Premium. All of them have the same problem. The radio was working well with Lollipop.

Rucaba
Explorer

From Z2 to update the android version 6 can not hear the radio for a bluetooth speaker, videos, music, podcast if you hear, but the radio nothing, still be heard through the headphones but not by the bluetooh speaker. With version 5 this did not happen to me, service gives me long, if not question that the terminal is broken is a question that needs an update to remove that problem, let me know if it happens to more people. Thank you

Google translator

Rucaba
Explorer

but needed a wired headset to have radio signal, and using it as antenna, listening to the radio by bluetooth speaker, as the headphones bother me a while to wear them. Now I have to use a M2 xperia android with an older version to listen to the radio by the speaker .Envia a complaint of this customer attention. More complaints are that this will give a solution to the problem.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@rucaba

Of course you need wired headphones for the radio to work, that's how it works with all Xperias.

Zlatev
Visitor

Yes, the FM radio needs a wired headphones, but not necessarily. It can also work with external 3.5'' jack antenna (see pictures below). I downgrade all my devices to Lollipop until the problem is resolved. Listening the radio with Bluetooth speakers is very important for me.

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

Christofer
Champion

I just got information today that this isn't a standard feature in Android. I have however forwarded this as feedback.

Duderino
Visitor

Any news regarding this query yet? Frustrating.
sergiobd
Visitor

I have the same problem too, it was working with my Bluetooth headset with the radio before the update 6.0.1.

Mbravo
Visitor

I have the same problem it was working very well with my Bluetooth headset with the radio before the update
Christofer
Champion

Apologies if my previous reply wasn't clear. The information I got was that this is not a standard Android feature and we have not added it in Android 6. That is why it isn't possible to get the FM radio's audio to a Bluetooth device after the update.