Join now - be part of our community!

Double tap to sleep home screen not working

SOLVED
juniormarbles
Visitor

Double tap to sleep home screen not working

Followed the prompt and set the switch to "on" .

Does this feature only work if lock screen/password is activated (which I chose not to)?

Please advise what else I need to do to make this work.

23 REPLIES 23
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

The forum is a user support forum, we stick around and help and sony support assists as much as they can.

You could check XDA forum for "inside" information.

alexdon
juniormarbles
Visitor

Thanks, and looking forward for your research on this issue.

My apologies. It was my mistake and false assumptions about any Sony-affiliation of senior participants on this forum. Will not happen again.

PP

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

@Marbles @Viridis@uliwooly

Z3, Z2 and Z3c have this function and it works. You need to be on the home screen for the feature to be accesible. Double tap and the phone should sleep.

If you need to see more more about users on this forum, check this.

alexdon
juniormarbles
Visitor

I am on the home screen, and the feature is not accessible, despite it having been activated via toggle switch.

I hereby report a malfunction of the new feature, at least for my version of Xperia phone and version 6.01 of MM.

JM

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

@Marbles Can you check if the same problem occurs in safe mode?

alexdon
juniormarbles
Visitor

Thanks for the suggestion, but rebooting to 'safe mode' still did not activate 'double tap to sleep'.

It may be a coding error in this first version of Sony's adaptation of Marshmallow 6.

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

@Marbles safe mode is not supposed to enable tap to sleep, it is supposed to disable other apps that could alter/affect the function. Double tap to sleep is working properly on a Z3 and a Z2. Have you tried a software repair?

alexdon
juniormarbles
Visitor

Did not try Software repair because I read that there may be a risk of losing stuff in the process. This is not worth it to me. I'd rather continue to use the pre-6.0.1 way to put the phone to sleep, until I read a solution to the problem somewhere.

Has any other Z3C user experienced problems with "double tap to sleep"? 

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

The solution is a software repair, it will wipe the device in the process.
juniormarbles
Visitor

Just figured it out: while in "tap to wake" I can use many different intervals (i.e. time between the two taps) to activate the function, "tap to sleep" will only accept a precise interval to work: if I double tap just 50 milliseconds too fast or too slow, it will not work.