Join now - be part of our community!

Double tap to sleep home screen not working

SOLVED
juniormarbles
Visitor

Double tap to sleep home screen not working

Followed the prompt and set the switch to "on" .

Does this feature only work if lock screen/password is activated (which I chose not to)?

Please advise what else I need to do to make this work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
juniormarbles
Visitor

Just figured it out: while in "tap to wake" I can use many different intervals (i.e. time between the two taps) to activate the function, "tap to sleep" will only accept a precise interval to work: if I double tap just 50 milliseconds too fast or too slow, it will not work.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Marbles

Double tap is to wake up the screen.

juniormarbles
Visitor

..and since MM update to put it to sleep with the same two taps!

http://www.xperiablog.net/2016/03/18/new-home-with-double-tap-to-sleep-introduced-in-latest-concept-...

Except on my Z3C it's not working.

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

@Marbles This was made available on the concept only I think. Do you find this feature under home settings?

If not, it is not there for the compact on 6.0.1.

alexdon
juniormarbles
Visitor

As moderator of this forum, shouldn't you know this stuff?

Under "Home Screen Settings" there's a switch option "Double-tap to sleep" which I turned on, but it does not work.

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

@Marbles I do not have any kind of information about change logs on updates. You don't need to be rude.

Try to go on the home screen and double tap to make it turn off.

alexdon
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

There's no need for rudeness, especially when discussing features of software so new, there's no guarantee anyone in here would be up to speed regarding it's individual features.
juniormarbles
Visitor

I did not mean to be disrespectful when asking if, as moderator of the Sony-owned specialty forum about my phone, a forum I rely on for authoritative information, that moderator should know basic features of that phone or its operating system?  

I come here, because Sony points me to this site as its (sole?) customer support resource. If the Sony-appointed Xperia expert does not know some of the facts, say so, and no big deal. But I find it disappointing to so far get several erroneous answers without the expert/moderator correcting them, or indicating that futher research is on the way to eventually answer my simple question of how I can make that Xperia-specific feature work on my Xperia phone.

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

We are simple users sticking around to help, not employed by Sony. We get information just like you do most of the time, articles, xperia blog etc. But we will try to get further info on this. I am sorry you are not pleased with our replies.

alexdon
juniormarbles
Visitor

And I am sorry if I mis-identified you as affiliated with or "in the official loop" with Sony. This forum is hosted on Sony's official website, which gave me the impression that its contents are authorized/monitored/contributed to by Sony employees. 

Is there another source I could access to get "inside" information about Sony Xperia MM features/implementations when they don't seem to work right?