Join now - be part of our community!

Does the xperia z5 have a factory installed anti shatter film

Ldf
Visitor

Does the xperia z5 have a factory installed anti shatter film

Does the xperia z5 have a factory installed anti shatter film upon purchase like all other xperia?

5 REPLIES 5
Emil
Enthusiast

Hi @Ldf,

Xperia Z5 does not have any anti-shatter film when you buy it and it uses Gorilla glass.

I hope this answers your question.

tyw7
Visitor

Although it has gorilla glass, it can still scratch with use.  I would recommend a glass protector or something similarly hard film.

NeoBeum
Enthusiast

@tyw7 wrote:

Although it has gorilla glass, it can still scratch with use.  I would recommend a glass protector or something similarly hard film.

this.

and dont neglect the rear. the camera lens is there. I have a scratch I need to buff out on mine

Ldf
Visitor

I bought an xperia z5 a year ago and there are scratches on the screen and dust keeps on sticking on the screen. I thought the phone was scratch resistant and dust proof. Also, i don't remember peeling any plastic screen protector ever since I bought the phone that is why I was wondering if it has pre installed screen protector upon purchase. My old phone was an xperia z and i used it for 4 yrs it didn't have any scratches on the screen how come the z5 has scratches on it

dandy63
Leader

@Ldf the dust rating is referring to ingress inside your phone, not your screen getting dusty....also if you have no form of screen protector fitted to your screen be it a glass one or plastic one it can & will suffer minor scratches