Join now - be part of our community!

Can't save contacts directly to Google

krissa
Visitor

Can't save contacts directly to Google

Hi all, 

When I try to add a new contact, I don't get the option of saving it to Google, although Google account is added.

Does anyone else have this issue? 

Thank you!

39 REPLIES 39
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@skvruil

what if you restart the phone?

skvruil
Visitor

I did. Even sevral times.

The only solution to get back the normal functionality is to uninstall the application that causes a problem and restart phone.

In that case, the sync functionality works again

petercs
Visitor

software update (v. 28.0.A.8.251). Good news guys. One hour after updated, everything Google account is back.
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@petercs

Great to hear to that.

Volkano
Visitor

Hi I have same problem after New Update.
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Volkano

check the posts on this thread.

kappadan
Visitor

I just upgraded my xperia t2 ultra dual to 5.1.1 yesterday . today i noticed that im not able to save any contacts directly to google. had a chat with customer care . they asked to repair the device im gonna do it but i tried with factory reset no luck with that.

kappadan
Visitor

it worked for me too , the moment i turned on sim2 issue repeated

Sandeep27
Visitor

Even same problem with my Sony. When i try to add a contact I get the following message " your new contact will not be backed up. Add an account that backs up contact online", the program offers me to save a local contact or create a new account, and in the selection list is present only Exchange ActiveSync.
kappadan
Visitor

when i analyse the activities performed , i think running setup guide may solve the problem.

when i put the sim from 2 to 1 . and restarted the mobile setup guide ran. there i could see google account option. and it fixed the issue