Join now - be part of our community!

Aux Cable audio output problem

PrinceCasanova
Visitor

Aux Cable audio output problem

When Connecting a two black strip (3 pole) aux cable to sony xperia z3, the output doesnt work to an external speaker.

But when connecting a three black strip ( 4 pole ) aux cable to sony xperia z3, the output works to an external speaker..

Why is that ?? 

13 REPLIES 13
pumpisland
Visitor

that sounds like exactly what i currently have. any chance you found a solution? or could you link to other posts?

jis87
Visitor

I have the same problem. Currently my phone is in service for other reasons and im waiting for an an exchange unit. I got a samsung phone from retailer as i wait for the new one to arrive and samsung connects excellently to the cars audio system via 3,5mm audio cable.

I used to use the same cable with sony xperia z but after updating software it did not work anymore. Same with z ultra and now with z3. There is something specific with sony phones on this matter. Wifes z1 compact doesnt work either wit the audio cable.
Ralph47
Visitor

Hi, I have read this thread with interest as I had the same problem.  Phone Xperia Z5 Compact.  Car SAAB 95.  I tried all the approaches suggested and none worked except for using 2 cables and holding the jacks together.  However, accidentally I did stumble on a solution which does work for me.  I have to folow these steps to get the radio to accept input from the phone.

1. With phone not connected, start music app and stary playing the tracks you want.

2. Plug in aux cable to phone.  For me this pauses the track.  

3. Press play until the track starts playing ( i.e. the pause button appears)  I do not hear any music at this point.

4. Plug aux cable into radio and select AUX input.

5. My music then starts playing through the radio.  

This is the only way I have managed to get the radio to recognise the input from the phone.

WiseGrizzly
Visitor

Exactly ! I have come up with the same workaround with my Xperia Z5 compact and BMW f10.

and yet this obviously isn't the most handy solution.

is there any other soultuion anyone ?