Visitor

Hi, it turns off the screen when receiving audio or call

Hi, it turns off the screen when receiving audio or call

5 REPLIES 5
ChloeS
Contributor

Hi @Asu28

Welcome to the community! 

I have translated your post, please note any posts/replies must be in English as this is an English only forum :smileysmileywink:

Do you have a screen protector or case on your phone? If so can you remove these and see if this resolves the issue?

Let me know Slightly_smiling_Face

Gabinka
Visitor

You don't need to remove your screen protector.  Which is protecting your screen.  

You can test your Ear Proximity Sensor through Support | Tools | Diagnostics.   Mine seems to be messed up since the 7.1.1 update.  

I did find a workaround.  When my screen goes black, I can pinch or put firm pressure in the upper right corner of my screen.  I may have to hold that pressure.  Anyway, the screen lights up and I can use it.

Gabrielle

ChloeS
Contributor

Hi @GabinkaP

That is correct there is a diagnostic test, however if a screen protector or case is causing the issue, this will also affect that test and it's results. 

In most cases when there is an issue with this sensor it is normally due to the area being dirty, a screen protector that either isn't a fit for the model of phone it is being used on, has been put on incorrectly or has moved slightly since then. Or a case that is obstructing the sensor.

Also, if you are having to hold that area of the screen or put pressure on it for the sensor to work, it is very likely there is a hardware issue there.

Gabinka
Visitor

My sensor failed the diagnostic test even without a screen protector.  As I was about to put on another screen protector, it was very clean.  And yes, I suspect a hardware issue. Or a hardware conflict with the 7.1.1 update.

ChloeS
Contributor

@GabinkaP

Yes that can still happen, however if the screen protector is causing the issue then the diagnostic test would fail while it is on there regardless, the only way to know if a screen protector or case is causing the problem is by removing them because they can very often be the cause of this issue.