Join now - be part of our community!

After reset, volume and power buttons not working

A13xl104
Visitor

After reset, volume and power buttons not working

So I'm in a very complex uncomfortable scenario. I've been an xperia user for almost 3 years. I had the z z3 and now own the z5 premium. Today I tried using my phone. First the finger print wasn't scanning. Then I noticed that it wasn't vibrating. I thought it just needed a soft reset and I did. Once it turned back on, both the volume buttons and power buttons are not working! I called customer care and discovered it was still under warrantee. However! Xperia z5 premium was never available in the US! I got it imported from Singapore. So I can't get my phone evaluated for a new one. There is not a single sign of physical damage. I had never dropped the phone nor used it in water. Please help soon!

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

I'm sorry to hear about your issue, but indeed, if you bought the phone from a different country its consider gray market, you could try to repair it with XC

Xperia Companion (XC)

Software Repair Guide

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

A13xl104
Visitor

The phone is one month old and is in almost flawless condition. It occured randomly and I am seriously dissapointed at everything that is going on.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Dont' create duplicate posts, thanks.

Contributor

yes uliwooly is correct try you repair your mobile using xperia companion

Do not forget to give kudosKudos 2.JPGand to select the correct answer Solution.JPG

Iancw
Visitor

@kanchuka wrote:

yes uliwooly is correct try you repair your mobile using xperia companion

Do not forget to give kudosKudos 2.JPGand to select the correct answer Solution.JPG

See, the problem with this answer. Steps to diagnosis... Plug phone in. Unplug phone, plug phone back in while holding volume button to run diagnosis....

If the volume button does not work, neither does Xperia Companion