Join now - be part of our community!

Different declaration for the chassis - metal or plastic ?

SOLVED
profile.country.de_DE.title
dhalsband
Explorer

Different declaration for the chassis - metal or plastic ?

I am a littlebit confused: Sony HP said: "The Xperia XZ1 Compact has a premium metallic texture and a joint structure for anti-twist and bend" - the first Tests and hands-on said: "its plastic Material with some Kind of carbon". So what? Plastic or metal for the case? Dirk

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christofer
Champion

Hi @halsband, I'm glad to hear that you're interested in the Xperia XZ1 Compact!

The frame of Xperia™ XZ1 Compact is made of composite structure. The rear surface is made of glass fiber-reinforced plastic, while the side surface is made of nylon.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

@halsband wrote:

I am a littlebit confused: Sony HP said: "The Xperia XZ1 Compact has a premium metallic texture and a joint structure for anti-twist and bend" - the first Tests and hands-on said: "its plastic Material with some Kind of carbon". So what? Plastic or metal for the case? Dirk

The imaging they use strongly suggests it's aluminium to me, but I will try to find out more._20170903_230708.JPG

dhalsband
Explorer

So for me too...  but the first Reviews from the IFA in Berlin say its plastic with a bit of carbon ??? 

Christofer
Champion

Hi @halsband, I'm glad to hear that you're interested in the Xperia XZ1 Compact!

The frame of Xperia™ XZ1 Compact is made of composite structure. The rear surface is made of glass fiber-reinforced plastic, while the side surface is made of nylon.

dhalsband
Explorer

Ok Thank you.

The description on the german hp is actual changed, and name the case now: "similar metal".  (before: "metalic")

On the international english side is to read: "The Xperia XZ1 Compact has a premium metallic texture". Why Sony dont simply tells the clear truth from the beginning? 

Wladimir
Visitor

xz53_0.jpg