Join now - be part of our community!

Z5C Bluetooth problem (no media) Parrot MKI9200

PenOne
Visitor

Z5C Bluetooth problem (no media) Parrot MKI9200

Hey guys,

I have a huge problem with my Z5C I received a few days ago. When I try to connect it to my car stereo (Parrot MKI9200) it kind of connects (is paired, but doesn't show up as a paired device). I also can make calls and receive them, but I get no audio whatsoever from any player (tried the native one, Spotify and Youtube).

It also shows, on the phone, that it is connected but has no media (even though I checked the box in it's bluetooth settings). I know for sure that it can play media because I used it for 4 years before on many devices (iPad, iPhones, Z3C, Samsung Galxy S3 and many many more). 

So I came to the conclusion that it is a problem with my Z5C and I am kind of desperate. I hope anybody has a software fix for my problem.

Thank you very much in advance,

PenOne

45 REPLIES 45
jaunusa
Visitor

Thank you for the advices, but all your workarounds don't work for me. My problem already starts with pairing.

Rickard
Master

In the update to Android 6.0 we’ve made improvements for compatibility with certain 3:rd party bluetooth accessories like the Parrot carkit MKi9200. While we can’t guarantee compatibility with 3:rd party accessories, we have not been able to replicate this with the improvements we’ve made.

Thanks again for the logs you’ve sent us!

The update  to Android 6.0 is planned to be released during this quarter but please note that software rollouts are a phased process – timings & availability may vary by market/carrier.

fillekiller
Visitor

Hi, I've had similar problems with my Z5C and managed solve the problem for me.

I have a VW Golf with the Composition Media stereo unit which I've tried to connect with my phone. The phone and stereo paired up but lost connection every 10 second or so. I upgraded to latest firmware and factory reseted both phone and stereo without any success. From a long time of troubleshooting I manage to come to the conclusion that the problem occurred when trying to sync my contacts.

I used to have a pretty messy phonebook from years of merging accounts and phones, so I had several duplicates and some contacts with many duplicate phone numbers. So I moved all contacts to Google Contacts and from there I merged all duplicates and cleaned out all duplicate contact info's, not just linked duplicates. I also removed some facebook links in contact description which I think my old HTC Desire added way many years back.

I also had a "Blocked Caller" contact from TrueCaller which had about 600 or so numbers, which i removed.

After this the phone doesn't lose connection and all my contacts are synced into my car.

I hope this might help someone else.

cableguy4
Visitor

Yes, the biggest thing I notice to help speed up syncing of BT car kits is the number of phone calls listed, I used to have 200+, mainly from the same few numbers, so every month or so I will do a delete a few numbers.

Once the numbers of phone calls is in your list is small,your sync to the BT car kit will go a lot lot faster.

SommyZperia
Visitor

Hi,

I tried everything on this thread with trying to get music streaming from an Xperia Z5 Dual (E6633) to a Parrot MKi 9200. Frankly if i knew this would happen I would've never bought the phone. For me, being able to access the contacts or stream music while driving is an important part of this Sony product (or any phone).

It's also a bit irritating considering the Bluetooth standard was invented by Ericsson, whom Sony merged with for some time.

With regards to 3rd party compatibility: I've had numerous makes and models of phones work perfectly with the MKi 9200, examples are Samsung, Nokia, LG, iPhone, and Blackberry.

The fact that others in this thread report partial or full connectivity (like jaunusa mentioned, his girlfriend has an identical Sony phone and hers works) means that there is hope.

Rickard, I've got Android Marshmallow 6.0 update now and nada, still the same. The MKi 9200 has the latest firmware as well.

Are there any updates or advice you could provide? Maybe if all who suffer send Bluetooth snoop logs you guys could crack it?

Thanks!

Timboakimbo
Visitor

Sorry to jump on this, but I'm having similar issues. Xperia Z5C when trying to pair with the mki9200 says its connected, but then the parrot screen freezes and the remote is unresponsive. Does not happen when using my wife's iphone5s.

I agree, I would not have bought this phone if I knew these issues existed. It did work in my previous car which had an older parrot unit, no problems whatsoever. 

I hope an update sorts this out, however this thread has gone on a while and still issues remain.