Join now - be part of our community!

Unable to search contacts with touch screen using quick text

Not applicable

Unable to search contacts with touch screen using quick text

When I click on the touch screen to make a call and want to quickly find a name in the contacts I have to type in the name onle letter (and a few presses) at a time or open the keyboard. I can't select the 'quick text' option. Help?

3 REPLIES 3
Pasi71
Visitor

Hm I cant either. Maybe its not meant too? Dont know.

If you touch and drag at side of screen a small handle will appear, drag on the handler to fast scroll trough contacts by initial letters. Release at the wanted letter. Im sure you knew that but just in case

suze
Leader

Doesn't answer your question but just thought I'd recommend an app that I use and love... it's called Gesture Search and you basically draw the letter of the name that you want to find... for example 'D' that will being up all your D's so Dad, Daniel, Dave, Doug etc... if you want to narrow it down you you can put in the next and any subsequent letters.  Each of the names will have a green phone handset next to it which if you press it will make the call.  If you press on their name it will take you to their contact page.  You can include apps, music, videos etc in the search too if you want.

Anyway, its free so give it a go and let me know what you think!

Not applicable

At least it's reassuring to know it's not just my phone or just me being stupid! Yea, I had realised that, thanks though Slightly_smiling_Face