Join now - be part of our community!

Please gave me setup instruction how to setup SonyEricsson Sync together with Contact and Calender information?

Not applicable

Please gave me setup instruction how to setup SonyEricsson Sync together with Contact and Calender information?

Anyone with complete instruction, please help.

I did not manage to get teh calender information sync.

Appreciate any assistance.

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Jeff
Enthusiast

Hi,

If you are having a problem after trying to sync, please add some more detail and let us know.

We will need to know some more information before we can off you assistance, namely, where are you contacts and calender entries now? In another phone or on the computer?

Either way, you'll want to use the setup wizards in the Sync website after you log in (at the bottom of the page). There are two: Get started with sync and Transfer info from old phone.

Each wizard will give you step-by-step instructions, along with your customized settings for your account, for you to follow in the phone.

Again, if you have a specific issue or error message after trying to sync, let us know.

higwayman
Visitor

The problem is with my Calender. It doesn't sync.

For your information, on startup, i id not setup the Google account, when prompted. I go straight into setting up my Sony Ericsson Sync.

However, during the process of setting up SOny Ericsson Sync, i was force to set up Google account again, which i did.

I selected one of the holidays, for example, UK Holidays and i add some information on the calender. Then i run Sony Ericsson Sync, and it complete successfully.

At this moment. i access the Sony Ericsson Sync Settings menu, i found that "Calendar is not selected".

Again, i went to select Calendar for sync, save the setting.

Then i go to Menu > Calendar > Options key > More > My Calendars

Both UK Holidays and Google account are selected
I de-select Google Calendar
Then i run Sony Ericsson again, . Sync was good.

But when i check the Calendar , there was no information in the calender.

I think i did some wrong. Please gave me step by step instruction how to do it, from start to finish. I want to use Sony Ericsson Sync to sync my Contacts and Calender.

Thanks

Not applicable

i have a problem with transfer contacts between my old phone se w910i to the new one satio u1

i have tried to tansfer with bluetooth,pcsuite,and when i tried to sync with se web site   i didn't recieve any message from the site to follow the other steps

what can i do to make that

thanx

Not applicable

I also have the same problem. I have been using my X10 as a diary and now want to sync this to my laptop. I have followed all of the steps suggested closely yet the diary does not appear on the sony web diary. HELP

Jeff
Enthusiast

Hi,

It doesn't sound like you are doing anything wrong.

These are the "official" instructions:

First, you need to select Sony Ericsson as the default sync service:

1. From the Home screen, tap the applications bar.
   2. Tap Settings > Data synchronisation > Select sync application
   3. Select Sony Ericsson

To set up Sony Ericsson sync in your phone:

1. From the Home screen, tap the applications bar
   2. Tap Sony Ericsson Sync > Get started
   3. Log on with your Sony Ericsson account (same as on www.sonyericsson.com)
   4. Tap Accept in the Authorise screen
   5. Select which information you want to synchronise
   6. Start the sync by tapping Finish

Remember this is a beta application, try with the Google service and let me know.

Jeff
Enthusiast

Hi,

During the process, you are offered links to the manual settings for your device and configuration, click on these, you must do this as the settings are unique to each device.

They look like this for Satio, for example. Your username and password are going to be unique

Open the synchronization settings by navigating  through the following menus:
SettingsConnectivityData  transferSync
Select OptionsNew sync profile
Start the sync profile wizard
Profile name:Sony Ericsson
Server version:1.2
When only Contacts, Calendar and Notes are marked, press Next
Contacts database:con
Calendar database:caltask
Notes databasepnote
Data bearer:Internet
Host address:http://sync.sonyericsson.com/sync/server
Server-ID:Leave empty
Username:1******57
Password:D5****ktb
Activate new profile now?:Yes
higwayman
Visitor

Working alright. Thanks.

Not applicable

I did all the steps described above and i receive every time an "Connection error" ;(

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Not applicable

I've been having some issues with sync as well - my first discovery is that it the phone will not sync over my (or any other) wi-fi network - 'synchronisation failed' is just about the most unhelpful error message (aside from the famous 'keyboard not detected pres any key to continue) yet but switch off wi-fi and that may help.

Next issue (which I haven't found a solution for) is that the fields on the web site are different to those on the phone's address book - if you fill in birthdays, web site URLs etc then the sync fails as the phone just can't seem to handle them.

Calendar information syncs but it only seems to do it manually - the automatic refresh is hopeless.

Just out of interest....where do 'tasks' disappear to when you sync

The google calendar works better but then the thumbnails are horrible