Join now - be part of our community!

I removed Time Scape, let me tell you forget the incredible speed boost, the battery LASTS waaaaaay more. WOW

profile.country.en_GB.title
wfaddah
Visitor

I removed Time Scape, let me tell you forget the incredible speed boost, the battery LASTS waaaaaay more. WOW

ok so i went from 1.6a to 2.1i, it was fine, just a little enhancment from 1.6, i unrooted with ONE click on my phone, and then i deleted time scape, let me just tell you the phone feels 2 times faster, but the batter used to last until 5 pm... now it lasts unil 9pm the next day WOW.

1. Put 2.1 on your phone. ( i prefer generic) that way its unlocked.

2. Unroot using (z4root) (google it) (found on the market) seriously its just one click and 37 seconds wait.... your phone is unrooted.

3. Install titanium Backup and do BACKUP just incase

3. find and install (Root Explorer). (using this app delete the following)

- TimescapeLargeUI.apk
- TimescapeLargeUIThemeBlue.apk
- TimescapeLargeUIThemeGreen.apk
- TimescapeLargeUIThemeIndigo.apk
- TimescapeLargeUIThemeOrange.apk
- TimescapeLargeUIThemeSakura.apk
- TimescapePluginManager.apk
- TimeScapeProvider.apk

enjoy the new x10i or a whatever it does not matter no more.

THANK YOU SWIFT76 from XDA

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=842530

I HAVE NO PROBLEMS AT ALL, nothing weird nothing unusual just speed and battery performance.

11 REPLIES 11
sushidushi
Contributor

It might vary from country to country, so docheck your local Sony Ericsson website first...

suze
Leader

This is the section that I believe covers the question...

Page 12, item 3, paragraph 1:

Nor does this warranty cover any failure of the Product due to accident, software or hardware modification or adjustment, acts of God or damage resulting from liquid.

So if you brick the phone by rooting / debranding then I would say you are stuffed.  However I personally would also say that if your perfectly working rooted phone develops some kind of fault eg usb socket no longer working then I can't see that the rooting would have had an impact on that fault and the warranty should stand.  But then again I don't work for SE nor do I have any legal training.  So I am guessing you pays your money, you takes your choice.

XDA are supposed to be close to releasing a fully working ROM for the phone and that in my opinion would invalidate you warranty as they could not be held responsible for a phone that was no longer running their software.  Again this is just my opinion having read the warranty.