Join now - be part of our community!

bluetooth file transfer stopped working

Not applicable

bluetooth file transfer stopped working

i installed the bluetooth file transfer app from the market and it worked fine for a couple of goes, then my 6 yr old got hold of my phone and i am not sure if he altered some sort of setting and it is now not sending out files (it says on the recieving phone, - connection dropped- ) it is also now not connecting to other phones.  Is there anyway of finding out what had changed so i can fix it, would a reset work if so how to do it.  please help as it is now driving me crazy!

6 REPLIES 6
suze
Leader

You could try deleting the app and reinstalling it. Might force it back in to behaving itself!

Not applicable

i tried that - still no good...  , when transfering it almost instantly says transfer completed but on the recieving phone it says connection dropped, i have tried it with two different phones..so frustrating!

suze
Leader

Hmmm, curious.  So have you removed the phones from your paired list and tried re-pairing with them. You can do this in BTFT app and long press on the particular device and then select remove.  Then try and pair them again.

I don't know what else to suggest! As long as your bluetooth is switched on then the app should do all the work for you.

Not applicable

ok, that doesn't work either.. have just tried to connect the devices and the message i get is:

Load Error

Can't load file data of target device.

Reason: Can't get folder -listing of remote device.

Reason: Negative "response"code from Server : INTERNAL SERVER ERROR (0xD0)

i'm hoping that this might be a bit more helpful in getting to the root of the problem....?

suze
Leader

Oooooh, that doesn't look good.  Not seen that before.  I wonder if you need to repair the phones software entirely... it will wipe your phone back to factory settings but could sort out the software and let you clean install everything again.  Make sure you save / sync your contacts somewhere first tho.

I truly don't know what else to suggest.

Er_Kannan
Contributor

Once you get this message, try to connect again immediately. If you are using a PC then make sure that the bluetooth exchange folder on the PC is not a drive. Make it such that the exchange folder is a separate folder with in a drive.

Have a look here http://techcognizant.blogspot.com/2010/10/blue-tooth-file-transfer-application.html