Join now - be part of our community!

How Long Should It Be ?

Not applicable

How Long Should It Be ?

I don't expect to get a helpful reply but I'm running out of time here

I connected my phone to my laptop at about 11am to do my 'daily check for disappointment from Sony' (the update from Android 1.6 to 2.1) and suspected that I might follow advice and try a 'repair' in order to avail myself of an upgrade to an already out-of-date OS.

It is now 2.30pm local time and it hasn't progressed past the "Prepare" stage

I don't know a great deal about this sort of thing but even bloatware from Microsoft and Adobe doesn't take anywhere like 3.5 hours to complete

How long is normal ?

(I fully expect this repair to fail with an 'unknown error' or something equally as useless for diagnostic purposes)

3 REPLIES 3
Not applicable

Wow !

you can add another hour to this so-called repair

and it hasn't progressed past the "Prepare" stage

I lose more repect for Sony with every tick of the clock

Not applicable

Right, it's a few minutes before 6pm here, so this rubbish 'repair' programme has been 'repairing'  for 7 hours, it's never going to do anything and this rubbish forum isn't any help either.

It's about what one could expect from a multi-national company like Sony Ericsson, once they have your cash they don't want anything to do with you until they want to sell you something else.

Not applicable

and to add insult to injury the "cancelling download" notification just sits there spinning around forever as well.

Luckily I have the ability to use Task Manager to kill this useless POS