Join now - be part of our community!

Email

Not applicable

Email

Probably a very simple solution to this but can't work it out.  I want to stop receiving email through my messages.  I have deleted all of my email accounts but I am still receiving the email notifications through my messages!  Any help greatly appreciated.  Thanks

19 REPLIES 19
Not applicable

I was kind of hoping to avoid that extreme but may just have to resort to a factory reset.  Thanks Slightly_smiling_Face

Not applicable

Sometime, the extreme is the only option.

Not applicable

once you have removed all of the email accounts from the phone, it can't possibly download email - if you are gettiing texts when the email arrives it sounds like you have set up some sort of text alert on your mail account so maybe you need to have another look at those settings

Not applicable

Emails are not being downloaded automatically now as obviously I don't have any accounts set up.  I am receiving mms notifications to say that I have an email.  I then have to click on a link to download the message.  No alerts set on the email account as I have checked with the service provider.  I'm baffled!

Not applicable

Sounds to me like you have linked your email alert to your 3G  messaging  capability. You might want to ask your telco to reset your 3G, if you are sure you have not set up MMS-email alerts in your email client.

Not applicable

I ended up doing a reset.  However, the backup did not work so I am back at square one.  Fortunately I had synced so I have restored some of my contacts but my messages have all been deleted.  At least I shouldn't be getting anymore email notifications :smileyhappy:.  Thanks to all who replied.

Not applicable

Well... at  least you got rid of those pesky ghost notifications.

Not applicable

But the bizarre thing is, I'm now getting the whole email through as a text message!!!  No email settings in the phone and BT say nothing is set up on my accounts.  That's technology for you!!!

suze
Leader

I'm replying to the original post in hope of getting the big sized boxes back, they were getting smaller and smaller!

There has to be some link between you email account online and your mobile number.  If you have done a factory reset the phone is clean.  If you log on to your email account via BT's website are there any settings on there that relate. You do have the most intriguing/weird problem!

I hope you can get it resolved!

Not applicable

Woah!!!.... This is getting freaky!

BTW, now I've doubly sure you have set your email to send MMS/SMS message notifications. It is better you check your email settings at its core, especially it is cloud-based.